Thursday, February 4, 2010



Here is my second finish for February , this was a mystery quilt I did from Planet Patchwork a couple of years ago and just never got around to finishing . I finally got my act together and finished the applique that I had added as I felt it was rather boring the way it was . I also did the machine quilting myself experimenting with free motion in the borders and I did see improvement by the time I got around to maybe the third side ;-) I had quite a challenge finding enough fabric to bind it , I know that I will probably find that fabric one of these days but thankfully I found just enough with about one inch to spare .

I have another mystery quilt sandwiched now ,this one was from a local quilt shop , they have a mystery quilt each summer during that communities festival week so a few of my quilter friends went out to take part and even though they have had theirs quilted for a long time I am just getting around to starting that :-( Oh well I can thank Kris and Peg for starting the OPAM challenge it sure makes me motivated to get things complete ;-)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Your quilt came out so beautiful. And yes, you will find that binding later...at least that always happens to me. Your doggie reminds me of our "Boots" she was a collie/poddle. She was the best watch dog.

    Visiting from OPAM happy in quilting.

    Blessings,
    Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheila, Thanks for visiting my OWOH giveaway! Your quilts are lovely.
    Jules

    ReplyDelete