Monday, July 4, 2011

Almost Tuesday Treasure

I'm early again but I want to share two little treasures today , well three really and I know I won't have time in the morning so here goes . First off this past weekend we had visitors , not just any visitors but really..... special visitors , our son Chad , his wife Shauna and their two daughters Nila and Elise and then today on their way back home , they had been visiting the city for a couple of days they arrived just before supper and we had a little more time with the girls . How special is that but what about the treasure , well yes of course they are the treasure but they presented me with a treasure straight from their dear little hearts and it just happens to be something I truly love ,Daisies ! They of course wanted me to place them in a container for display so since they had broken them off rather small I had just this perfect little crystal container to place them in and I think they look just beautiful . They had such fun out in our yard finding the daisies and making sure they ran over to give them to me , that I think is the best treasure a person could wish for .
 The other small treasures I would like to share with you today are these sweet little dolls, very old , the larger of the two we found in an old trunk in a house we bought many years ago and it is in remarkable condition , the second was also found in a wooden box that was given to us from relatives and it mostly contained old pictures and letters but in one corner wrapped in a piece of fine paper was this doll minus the arms , they must have broken but they didn't want to discard the doll and I am so happy they didn't it really is precious .


Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday I know I will as I will be doing something that I truly treasure , quilting. To see more treasures visit with Melody at the House on the side of the hill
hugs Sheila

11 comments:

  1. Oh - the daisies story melted me.... I just love gifts like that.... the dolls are such fun - wouldn't you love it if they could talk and tell you their stories...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely post Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daisies and dollies, what more could a girl ask for. Thanks so much for sharing and linking to Tuesday Treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Shelia,

    Lots of lovely treausres,gotta love fresh picked flowers given with love. My oh my those dolls are wonderful,now they just need a little quilt!!!
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheila, what gorgeous treasures.. so good to have time with those precious people in your life, the daisies are just icing on the cake.. Love the dollies, you will have to have them mended...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daisies from Grandchildren, true treasures of the heart Sheila, your little Kewpie Dolls are Treasures also, what lucky finds. I also loved your Tea Cups in the last post, all very beautiful. Cheers R.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nila & Elise truly are treasures. As is spending time with family. How lovely of them to pick you daisies. The Kewpie dolls are so cute. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh How sweet....your daisies are lovely... they always brighten any spot don't they. I love your kewpie dolls too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful treasures Sheila. The dolls are quite amazing, if only they could talk:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love daisies. They are refreshingly cheerful and uncomplicated. :)
    Your dolls are treasures, too. Wonder what their lives were like?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Daisies from children are always a treasure!! Your dolls are very cute too!

    ReplyDelete