Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Second step of Mystery Complete

Good morning on this dreary day , I think the sun has given up on us ,it just doesn't seem to want to appear . All this wet weather has been very productive for sewing though so I am not really complaining too  loudy although I am ready for sunshine :-)
 I have been working away on a few things , first off I finished step two of Kaaren's mystery quilt , a lot of sewing involved but I love the result . Want to see ?
I should have moved the lamp , and sorry for the poor picture , with this dark day it is hard to get a decent picture inside .

I finished this little wool piece too , added a fabric backing and binding and added some stitching to help bring it to life , not in the orginal pattern but I do like it this way . Fun project .
 I have been following along with Buttermilk Basins BOM and here they are so far .
Kind of ran out of room on my design wall so extending over the edge some and you get peak at another vintage machine I have had for years , it does not sew but makes a great ornament .

Yesterday at our little quilting session at the church we did our block exchange for July , the first of many to come involving snowball blocks . This month the colour was to be either blue or mauve and next month is green .

 Here are my ten blocks taking up residence next to my mystery quilt . I plan on adding an alternate block but not sure which one to use , any suggestions ?  It was a great day at quilting and we removed the grandmothers flower garden from the frames and I can tell you there was some celebrating , that was a lot of hard work but it sure is gorgeous . Wait I did take a picture a few weeks back that I can share .
Isn't it beautiful , this is a vintage quilt found in an attic and being quilted after many years of just sitting , pretty special and we hope the lady who took the time to hand stitch all those very tiny hexies is smiling down from heaven right now at her completed quilt .

 Well I have kept you long enough , have yourself a great day and thanks for taking the time to stop by , it is always nice to have you visit .I just realized this is Wednesday and I should link up with the Needle and Threadnetwork , why not check it out for yourself .
 Hugs Sheila

18 comments:

  1. The border looks so nice on the houses and that hexie quilt is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Sheila. You are such a fast worker. And the flower garden quilt is beautiful. A treasure indeed. And you are right. We need SUNSHINE. Tired of the gloomy weather. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your progress with Kaaren's mystery - I haven't started. What a grand old quilt - so happy you ladies gave her new life and fullfilled a quilter's dream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing your mystery quilt! Gorgeous, and sure inspires me to start one, but may have to wait until a few other projects are finished first!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mystery quilt is coming right along. Good job keeping up. Knowing Kaaren, this must be just the beginning. Love those wooly blocks, Sheila! When you get them all made, they will be beautiful in a quilt. Oh, my goodness, so many blocks look good when paired with the snowball, just depends on how much work you want to put into it. Broken Dishes looks good, as does the Monkey Wrench. See you soon! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful projects! Love the mystery (second mystery that has tempted me this morning!) and the Grandmother's flower garden - in yellow - just wonderful! Love all your projects and the suggestion above of adding broken dishes or monkey wrench to the snowballs sounds good. Thanks for linking up at TNTN today:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have finished some beautiful quilts and the grandmother's flower garden quilt is stunning! Can't wait to see more of the snowballs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the projects you are working on. The Grandmothers Flower Garden is gorgeous. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt looks fantastic!! you are one busy lady...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your little wool piece, and your mystery quilt is looking great! Such a pretty flower garden quilt, yes, much better to have it quilted so it can be used......it's too nice to keep in a trunk out of sight.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have been busy. Your house quilt looks super, and I love your lighthouse wool piece. That vintage quilt is impressive; it will be gorgeous. I really love those old block designs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. lots of lovely eye candy to see today... love your mystery sampler and your little wool piece... keeping yourself out of trouble...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous progress on your mystery quilt. sounds like you have been having Melbourne weather.
    lots of other lovely pics of your projects and the hexie flowergarden is amazing, so wonderful that it got finished.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your mystery quilt is looking stunning Sheila and I love the little boat and lighthouse. Lots of nice work and that Grandmothers Flower Garden is so beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your beautiful houses and all your other lovely blocks. I have extreme envy about that gorgeous hexie quilt....I am positive the creator of it is delighted in heaven xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sheila ,wow I love your houses ,you have been very busy with your blocks,wow that hexie quilt is amazing,I hope you have a wonderful day my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sheila,
    thanks for the nice pictures. Many lovely things. I love your House-Quilt and the little Lighthous-Ship-Quilt.

    I think I will visit your blog more often. So I can practise my English and can have a look on your nice Quilts.

    It really touched me to read about the flower-quilt. It will be special to quilt. Unfortunately here in Germany only few women can quilt. I love to see your collaborative quilting. In my neighbourhood nobody can quilt.
    Waving greetings from Germany
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, awesome bunch of progress! I'm also doing Kaarens mystery quilt. Love your start!

    ReplyDelete