Thursday, October 8, 2015

A wee taste of Ireland ... plus postcard info

I have so many photos of Ireland due to the fact we spent more time there so today I will share a few and maybe a few more another day if you wish to see them . Ireland was incredible in every aspect , the scenery , the people and the food , what more can you ask .



We took this ferry to Ireland , it was smooth sailing and took approximately  a little over an hour . We had our lunch on board and did a little shopping too .

Here is our first hotel in Ireland , the Slieve Russell , beautiful !!
This beautiful girl graced the stairway .
 The grounds around the hotel were amazing with many gardens and interesting things to see . 
Interesting vines.
This is  apparently the smallest church in the world , super tiny , squeezed between those buildings .
This was the floor inside , do you see a quilt pattern ?

                      Knock Cathedral , a famous church that has been visited by the Pope
                                 This golden  Rose was gifted by the Pope to the Cathedral 
                                              Donna and Mom enjoying the entertainment  

A mixture of song and dance in this performance  , we had excellent entertainment . 
Now we are  in Bunratty Castle Hotel , another lovely place to stay .
Some of the housing in the area , you don't see wooden houses here , all stone or brick .
Love the fences .
Donna enjoying some time with the horse , I am sure she was missing her own .
I had a chance for a little pat too , as you can see it was a little cooler this particular day , I had several layers on but was comfortable .
A beautiful castle we went to visit , I should have kept a journal so I could remember the names .I just didn't have time to be honest , I did bring along a journal but the only thing in it is a sprig of Heather .
 Well I will leave it at that for today but before I go I have given a little thought to the Postcard exchange and the fact I am so unorganized so lets put the date ahead to November 15th  . If you already have your postcard made that is wonderful , I hope to get names assigned by the end of this week and if anyone else is interested please let me know  as soon as you possibly can with your info . I didn't realize it would take me so long to return to normal after my return home so I am sorry for this delay but I think it will all  work out for the best . Thanks for your understanding .
 Thanks for stopping by and I will share a little more of Ireland another day .
 Hugs Sheila 

22 comments:

  1. Looks like your vacation was lovely. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Ireland the greenest place ever. I loved it and your beautiful photos bring back wonderful memories. So glad you had a great time. Postcards in November sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your photos, especially the last one, the castle. It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I see a gorgeous quilt pattern in that floor. I'd love to see more photos of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos Sheila! I really should go and visit myself! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photo's. Boy that church sure is small. Love the quilt pattern floor, just gorgeous. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ireland is definitely on my bucket list. It looks so interesting. Did I give you my info for the postcard swap? Do you need it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing photos of Ireland.... Thanks for sharing...
    Mid November for the Postcard Swap is perfect for me.. Did we have a theme or anything we like ?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous photos. Just makes me want to go there even more! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks lovely... thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, hope I am not too late for the post card swap, can you email me with your contact info and I can send my address. sewsewsenior@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, hope I am not too late for the post card swap, can you email me with your contact info and I can send my address. sewsewsenior@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fun trip! Please do share more photos when you get a chance. I would love to visit Ireland some day I received my post card swap info earlier today. Will get busy creating soon. It's our choice this time, right?

    ReplyDelete
  14. It all looks amazing. I love the tiny church :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just lovely.... I spent only a couple of nights in Ireland once but really want to go again....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful pictures, thank you for sharing. What a lovely country is Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It sounds like you had a wonderful trip!! Thanks so much for sharing the lovely photos with us. I love seeing where other people travel and hearing about their adventures. It was neat, too, to see a photo of you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely to see your pics of Ireland Sheila, it does look like a beautiful place to visit. So glad you hd a great time! Thanks for the postcard swap info:-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing your photos with us. It's such a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing your photos with us. It's such a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I only went away for a long weekend and I am still catching up! So my postcard has already been posted as I did open your email with the details. Great pictures Sheila. I did southern Ireland over 30 years ago now and it was beautiful but I have always wanted to go back especially to see the Giants Causeway. You certainly stayed in some super hotels and I love the floor in that tiny church! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful places and beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing.
    Small churches here are called "chapels".
    The floor is beautiful and really resembles a quilt.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete