Saturday, November 21, 2015

What I am working on now

Good afternoon friends . I have been busy behind the scenes these days , nothing major but plugging along just the same . Recently there was a Christmas  mystery blog hop and this pattern was provided by Kathi from Heart to Hand  . I do love snowmen so just had to get busy with my wooly bits and create this project . I like to have something I can sit and stitch on those days that my body does not want me sitting at a machine .
 The lighting is not the greatest , it is a dull dreary day outside with showers plus the snowman does kind  of blend in a little too well , looks better in person  . Although this was meant to be a quilt block I thought a nice pillow that can be around all winter is best for me . Thanks Kathi for this adorable snowman .
 My next project also includes a snowman , this time the pattern came from the Winter issue of Primitive Quilts and is called Snow Days by  Gail Pan . I knew I had to make this one too , so sweet .
I should have had better contrast with my homespuns but I used what I had on hand and I am happy with it . Now to quilt it :-)
 I am working on a runner at the moment but no pictures to share just now . That's all from me today , thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day :-)
 hugs Sheila

19 comments:

  1. So very nice snowmen. I love especially your pillow.
    Waving greetings Lari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both projects are super cute Sheila... good idea to make a cushion with your first fellow. Sounds like you are looking forward to your snow - have you had any yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love the pillow. Have you had any snow yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both your pillow and your wall hanging. I love Gail's pattern's she has a freebie over on her blog this month of an Elf. It's precious. I've already done 2 and am on the 3rd. I'm thinking make them into hangers from my door knobs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cute snowman pillow and so too the wallhanging. We are expecting some snow tomorrow - maybe a real snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pillow is just darling as is your stitching. Nice winter projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sheila, I love your snowmen... and at the moment I could do with one hugging me!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am with Fiona....send us some pleaseeee! They are too cute x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must agree with both Aussie ladies..A Snowman hug would be wonderful.. Was 42 here yesterday day sew 107.6 at your place....HOT !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two beautiful projects Sheila! I love snowmen!! Hope you are having a great weekend! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these snowmen, especially the snow days one. Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your snowmen are very sweet, and I like using one for the pillow. Your new header looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm all about using what I have! They are beautiful snowmen! I like making snowmen as opposed to Xmas stitcheries because they can be displayed all winter! Home again, home again, Jiggity jig. I'm so sorry you weren't able to come out and play with us. Linda had kept your visit as a surprise for me! I guess I would have been surprised to see you come walking through the door! There will always be another time! XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sheila wow both these are gorgeous and I love the green you have used and your new header looks fantastic xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely to see what you have been up to - your snowmen are both gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sheila,
    I love to see your stitching projects! I can see why you love the wool projects so well, they turn out so nicely. Enjoy your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love snowmen too, and yours are wonderful. I especially like the pillow.

    ReplyDelete