Thursday, December 8, 2016

Some mail and a finish

Good morning , it is a cloudy and cold day here today but no precipitation so that's a good thing . I have received some lovely mail this week , the first one arrived from Lin , a very creative and rather elegant Christmas postcard.

Thanks so much Lin , it was a lovely surprise .
 On Tuesday morning I received not one but two postcards , my partners in the swap . I will share Annie's card first . 

Joy indeed to recieve such a lovely card . I love the idea of the fabric border , really sets it off , thanks so much Annie ,  I love it .
 The next postcard is from my dear friend Eglea in Brazil and the neat thing is both our cards arrived on the same day . 
A beautifully wrapped Christmas present and Eglea told me to look inside the present and I thought what could possibly be inside , well here it is , just incredible . 
This teeny , tiny origami Christmas dove of Peace or as it is spoken in Portuguese , Paz .  A wonderful symbol for Christmas especially in these troubled times . Thanks so much Eglea ,  I love the card as well as the little dove . 
Now you may think that I had a really great day receiving two postcards on the same day and yes I did but it did not stop there , I also received a package from my friend Karen whose is off to warmer places for the winter months , lucky lady . Karen sent me an early birthday gift , this gorgeous landscape fabric as she knows I love creating landscapes 😊

This picture doesn't do it justice , it will really  enhance a landscape and I can't wait to give it a try . Isn't the card cute too , suits me just perfect .  Thanks Karen ,  you are a wonderful friend . 
 I finished up the quilting on Isaac's quilt a while ago but just never got around to posting it . I will say the quilting took me much longer than the construction of the top , that border took forever but I do like the look . 
As you can see I went with very simple quilting , thank goodness I did or it would never get finished . Since I hurt my back last December my ability to sit for long times at the machine are very limited so I have to choose the best possible way to get things done . 
 I think i have kept you long enough this morning ,  hope you have a fabulous day , remember it is up to you , you can choose the kind of day you wish to have .  Thanks as always for stopping by I really appreciate your visits .
 hugs Sheila 

23 comments:

  1. Love the postcards! I got the same one from Eglea, with a little dove of peace inside, too. It's so tiny and perfect. Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Christmas mail, Sheila! The dove inside the gift box from Eglea is divine. Beautiful landscape fabric. I can already imagine your fabulous embellishing on it. Isaac's quilt looks great. I love the fabric colors. And I love straight line quilting most of all quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely postcards and gifts. I prefer simple straight lines on baby quilts as they add to the snuggle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are getting very spoiled! The postcard swap that you hostess is a wonderful, funderful thing! I look forward to seeing how you incorporate that fabric into your landscape quilts! I know it will be beautiful! The card was made from a postcard/advertisement from Connecting Threads! It was just too much fun to throw away, to I had to repurpose it just for you! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P. S. Your quilt came out looking great! I, too, can only sit for short periods of time, but everything gets finished with a little patience! Well done! He'll just love it! XO

      Delete
  5. What lovely mail Sheila..I love the postcards! Very clever idea with the origami dove! Well done on the quilting finish - I'm sure the wee guy will love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely postcards......and the dove of peace, what a beautiful idea. I'm sure Isaac will love his quilt, and yes, simple was really the way to go with the quilting. That is luscious landscape fabric indeed, keep an eye on it or it might disappear into my sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You received such beautiful postcards and gifts! Love the quilt you made for your grandson...he will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The postcards & dove are lovely. The quilt is fabulous. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sheila,wow love all the postcards,they are beautiful and well done with the quilt he will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful postcards. They are little works of art. Wonderful finish too xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What lovely post! You have been lucky! I love the postcards and I can't wait to see what you do with the fabulous fabric! Your finished quilt is great too! Enjoy the rest of the week! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The postcards are really beautiful. I always enjoy the great postcard swaps. The colors in your quilt are so pleasing. Wonderful combination and it makes a nice finish.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic finish with the minecraft quilt. Looks great. I love your postcards too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The mindcraft quilt turned out great. I'll have to show it to Will in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful postcards...Love these swaps...
    The Minecraft quilt is fabulous...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cards are all lovely.... and fun to get some fabric to play with. The quilt worked out great and the quilting is perfect for it.... well done with a sore back - whre there is a will there's a way it seems with you!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely postcards Sheila and Eglea's dove is so gorgeous! Great finish on the quilt. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohhhh ... how many interesting cards!
    I am curious to see what you will do with the beautiful fabric.
    I really like the grandchild's quilt! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many beautiful things dear Sheila :) Thank so much for another fun and successful card swap! So fun! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm visiting your blog for the first time ..... arriving here because of all the lovely "postcards" I've been seeing on various blogs just lately! I don't know much about making postcards, but they sure look wonderful ...... I may have to keep following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. The postcards are beautiful. Leave it to Egléa to take it to the next level. That is such a fun quilt for your grandson. He'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely post cards, all sew unique!
    Your quilt turned out great I am sure it will get lots of hugs and cuddles this winter. Have a great day my friend. In stitches

    ReplyDelete