Sunday, January 13, 2019

2019 , can it really be true ?

Yes I find it hard to believe we have now entered the year 2019 , how quickly 2018 flew by even though I wasn't having fun . I am happy to leave that year behind me and hope this year will be much improved .
 I hope everyone enjoyed the holidays with their families and friends and have now openly embraced this new year which is already into its second week .
 So what have I been up to , hmm let me think , I have been sewing some , not as much as I'd like but doing as much as my poor body will allow .
 I am working on the Bonnie Hunters mystery quilt but don't have a lot to share , just bits and pieces of hsts and four patch blocks , I am a long way from finished . I am also still working on the Moda Blockheads BOW, here are the most recent on my design wall

Now I have a confession to make , i have decided for my own sanity to only choose blocks I like or that won't take me forever to piece so my completed quilt will be different than the original but I am okay with that , better done than quitting . So I have replaced a couple of blocks so far with blocks I felt I could manage at this time .
 I recently joined in a weekly challenge by Darlene D'eon on the Nova Scotia online quilters FB page . Why in the world would I take on something else when I have two quilts on the go you may be asking yourself . Well simple answer is I am easily convinced especially when it  involves using up the many many scraps I have seemed to accumulate , do you think they may breed at night ? It's actually a fun block and quick to make , another bonus plus it works really well as a leader and ender block . It is the jewel box block and mine will be truly scrappy . Here are four blocks,  yes I know we are only in week two but you know how it is , you get carried away or maybe that is just me .

 Super scrappy indeed but hey it will keep someone nice and warm when it is finished . 
 Well that's all my news for now I really just wanted to touch base and wish each of you all the best for 2019 , let's make it out best year ever . 
 Hugs Sheila 

15 comments:

  1. Good to have you back, Sheila! You are right......Jewel Box is a great scrappy quilt, mine was one of the first quilts I ever made, a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2019 WoW. Im having a hard time with how fast time is flying by. blink and another dead line has past. Glad to see you are doing some of what you love even if it's less than you would like. Something is way better than nothing. Looking forward to your next post no matter when you get it written. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheila great to have you back my friend .Cant wait to see more progress of Bonnie's quilt,it will keep you out of mischief,lol,hope you have a wonderful day my friend,cheers Shez xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see you pop up again Sheila..
    Fabulous Blockhead Blocks and have fun with your Scrappy SAL..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Sheila. I hope you have a better year. You've made a great start with some lovely sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look forward to seeing your version of Bonnie's quilt. I was saving the Moda blockheads to do but after a while figured i'd never make it & deleted the mall. :) Love your scrappy block. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Sheila, good to read you..... and all the best for 2019 - I hope it's heaps better. I love your blockheads colours… some of the blocks are big aren't they. Your scrappy project looks fun too.... it's always to have several projects on the go at the same time...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year Sheila. Hopefully this one is a tood one and goes by a little slower than last year!! I live in hope 😊😊 the scrappy block looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sheila, making the blocks you like is how it should be. That makes it all the more your quilt. Hope you have a wonderful year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year Sheila! So sorry that 2018 wasn't a good year for you and I hope this year will be better. It's nice to see your beautiful projects and congratulations on winning a prize with your Splendid Sampler quilt (from your last post). Take care of yourself first Sheila! Glad you are still stitching.... your work is always so beautiful! Hugs Christine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely to hear from you Sheila - I do hope that 2019 will be a better year for you. Great to get involved with lots of projects - your super scrappy block looks great! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely to see and read your post Sheila. Wishing you a much happier 2019 x Your projects look great and yes I am sure that they do multiply at night lol!
    Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice to see you! I hope 2019 is kinder to you than 2018 was. I think you've got a good philosophy about your blocks and projects for 2019. It's supposed to be fun, after all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year! I hope that 2019 is a great year for your and your family. I love to see scrap quilts, and I think your idea of making just the blocks that you like is a great one. Scraps do multiply at night-it's rather scary-mine do, for sure!!
    Happy stitching, and so nice to read a post from you again,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete