Friday, August 13, 2010

Crazy quilting Friday

This is my crazy quilt block for this week , I used the printed muslin that Betsy sent to make this block , it sure makes the job easier .I know I need to add some decorative stitches but I was late getting this made and time ran out so that will be done later .
The second picture is the result of finding some half square triangles that I came across in my sewing storage closet ,you just never know what you will find in there ;-0 Anyway I remember making these as I cut the corners off blocks I was making for a quilt some time ago and rather than toss the triangles I immediately made the halfsquare triangles but then they have sat there for a few years until yesterday I was looking for a piece of fabric and these appeared so I went to work and sewed them together and added these borders and now I have a doll quilt top for one of my granddaughters .If I was real quick I could give it to Elise tomorrow as it is her birthday , hmm maybe if I work fast I can get this completed .I better go and get started ;-)
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by .
Sheila
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad the block came in handy. I so love how you selected those colors so well and how I wish I could whip up a doll quilt that fast! Your grandaughter will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything made with HSTs! They're so versatile and so pretty! I think she'll love that quilt! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The doll quilt is so pretty. Elise will love it. Goodness me is it time for her birthday already. Where did that time go? Love your crazy block. Hugs, Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your crazy quilt block came out great, Sheila! And that doll quilt is adorable...I'm sure Elise is going to love it for her dollies! And the Happiest of Birthdays to her, as well!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  5. your crazy block came out so pretty ,the fabrics are pretty, I have cut out pieces to be sewn and have stayed like that for years also, as a matter of fact just yesterday I started on one I have had forever,a very happy birthday to your grand daughter she will love the quilt.

    ReplyDelete