Monday, January 23, 2012

It's Christmas in January :-)

On this sunny but cold day the mailman delivered not one but two packages , the first I opened was this one from Melody containing this lovely star block for the Australian Block exchange .
I love the colors as well as the fabrics that Melody has chosen , it is gorgeous .Melody also enclosed a sweet little scissor fob with a cute little bear and two hand stamped labels , so cute !!Thanks so much Melody.
 Then I opened this package from Mary of Quilting Grandma blog , I had won this stocking from her but unfortunately Mary was quite sick and was unable to post this until this month , glad to hear she is doing better it was a rather hard road for her .
Mary made sure I was really pampered , inside this plush stocking was lots of chocolate to help with my constant craving for really good chocolate , then there was special coffee to enjoy with the chocolate while I had a pedicure and some sweet little stockings to wear after my special treatments . Oh and not to be forgotten is some wonderful fabrics and thread and a neat little ruler which she says is her favorite and I can understand why , it is a great size to take along to class .She also included a bell to ring in the new year ,she really did think of everything . Thanks so much Mary for this great package and allowing me to have Christmas in January :-)
 No sewing to report I have been dealing with a pile of shirts that needed ironing but no fear I didn't just stand there and iron ,I watched a wonderful video on art quilts , I am great at multi tasking ;-0 Enjoy your day and thanks for stopping by.
 PS. You really should check out this great giveaway Here at My sister made me do it . Ida is giving away a lot of really great prizes for her first giveaway , hurry on over .
 hugs Sheila

5 comments:

  1. What wonderful packages to receive in January. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How special you must be feeling on this cold, wintry day! So nice to have quilting friends like that. Enjoy your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fun when you get Christmassy gifts late.. extends the fun... pretty block from Melody - she always adds special extras!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love nice mail. Glad you got spoilt. Hope Mary is getting well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheila what wonderful parcels to receive,lovely surprise.xx

    ReplyDelete