Wednesday, April 9, 2014

WIP Wednesday

Good morning , it has been a while since I have linked up with WIP Wednesday at the Needle Thread Network so I thought I would share with the rest of the Canadian Bloggers today .
 First up I have been working on this little wool project now and then , I should have this finished but life just happens sometimes .
This little project will eventually be a pincushion and is a free pattern from the wonderful designer Kaaren of the Painted Quilt  . I am looking at this photo and have decided I will remove the brown threads I have used for the rabbit , I must have something that would work better . Lots of embellishments left to do , that orange is a carrot incase you are wondering and I will put a carrot top on there soon ;-)
 I also started a new project , my friend and very talented designer Annette  sent me a pattern to test for her so I went out and bought some very bright and cheerful summer colors and went to work .
These are colors I don't often use so it is fun to work with them , makes me happy :-)  I have the vine and leaves machine appliqued and the purple flower as well as the outside of the purple butterfly , still need to do those little dots I added .Annette's pattern is called Spring a Flutter .  Thanks so much Annette for giving me the chance to try out your pattern , it is wonderful !!
 Oh before I go I got a message from Arlene yesterday and my postcard arrived in Hawaii so I can now share what I sent to her in our Thistle Quilt Guild exchange .
The theme for our exchange was to represent where we live and Nova Scotia is well known for its fishing villages and as a child dories like this were very common , I remember once going out with some friends on  a lake with one just like this , it is a wonder we didn't drown , neither of us had a clue how to row that boat :-)  Thanks so much Arlene for swapping with me , it sure has been fun and maybe we can do it again sometime .
 Thanks for stopping by today and hope you have a great day and be sure to stop by the Needle and Thread Network to see what others are up to this week.
 hugs Sheila

15 comments:

  1. Lovely work as usual Sheila and your postcard is stunning.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Annette's pattern and the bright, bold colors that you chose! Awesome postcard that you made, I'm sure it was well received.
    Enjoy your day,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your wool project and your postcard is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice wool pincushion you are working on Sheila.
    Another beautiful postcard you made for your pRtner..

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good idea for a postcard and carried out perfectly. Really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3 very different projects... but all lovely....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic "postcard"...looks just like NS too. Perfect!
    In fact all three projects look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work on your different projects. Love your interpretation of your friends design. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work Sheila and your postcard is so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Annettes pattern is great fun - I love the butterfly and your postcard for Arlene is gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your wool work are very lovely Sheila!!!
    You have chose fantastic fabrics for Annettes pattern
    and the postcard are very beautiful, perfect job!
    Hugs from Italy
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  12. great postcard.
    you are working on some lovely projects. I got my postcard and hope to do a post later today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The wool pincushion is adorable. It has so many wonderful little details. Annette's pattern is beautiful and it's made, even more so, by your fabric/colour choices. I've not seen a lot of your postcards but this one is my favourite, so far.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice projects, especially your postcard!

    ReplyDelete