Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Cute as a button :-)

First off I want to say I have turned the corner and I am able to sew and even cut now so life is good :-)  I am way behind on my BOM's but today I thought I would do the August block for Aurifil since the end of the month is so close . This month is a cute little button block
You know I love doing Bom's , it gives me a chance to try out different blocks and challenge myself to go out side the box at times . This block is really cute but I would never make a whole quilt using this block , pretty fiddly but the results are fun and it will look great with the other blocks for this quilt. The other really postitive thing about participating in these events is using up fabrics that may have been around too long .
 I have been working on my Goodnight Irene quilt and have all the rows sewn together now and am presently working on the border blocks , have them made just need to sew them together , yeah , the light at the end of this tunnel is getting closer.  Some members of our guild are making quilts for the veterans unit and this quilt will eventually be for that purpose . I will show you a photo once I get it pieced together .
 My Crazy patch block is also making progress although slower than I would like , I do still have some issues with doing embroidery but it is getting easier . Yesterday I hand quilted at the church  with the other ladies and it was wonderful ,I found my stitching was back to normal and my speed is improving . It is a true blessing to have these things back in my life after these long four months .
 Think I will head on back to the machine so thanks for taking the time to stop by , hope you have a fabulous day .
 hugs Sheila

22 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you back and enjoying your stitching again !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news Sheila. Your button block is very cute! Happy sewing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your quilty life has resumed. So happy for you. Must feel great to get your thimble warmed up again! That button block is super cute. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a cute block. glad to hear things are getting back to normal for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. woohoo.... sheila's stitching is back!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear things are truly on the mend, but still pace yourself. The button block is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to hear you are back to quilting again. The button block is cute. Have fun with your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so glad that you are progressing so well. cutting, wow.
    Great button block.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So wonderful to have you back! Love your little button!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I'm sew happy to see you are not only sewing but being able to cut as well.
    Your blocks looks great and have fun finishing Irene.
    I have signed up for the Charm Square Stars now with Terry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's great that you are getting the use of the hand back a bit. It had to be so frustrating. Enjoy your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great news Sheila - so pleased for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. happy to have you back Sheila!!!! lovely block

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eu queria que você pudesse ver eu batendo palmas para você! Sinceramente estou muito feliz com a sua recuperação! Que bom!
    O bloco para a colcha é muito bonito e fazer colchas para veteranos me parece um trabalho muito prazeroso.
    Um grande abraço!

    I wish you could see me clapping for you! I am honestly very happy with your recovery! That good!
    The block for the quilt is very beautiful and make quilts for veterans seems to me a very pleasurable work.
    A big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad to hear you are better and back to doing what you love Sheila!!! Looking forward to seeing some wonderful things come out of your studio now :*)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sheila that is so good to hear now I can't wait to see what you get up to in the sewing room.xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Sheila,
    I'm so happy to read that you are able to sew again.
    I had to pause for several month too, and I'm really surpriced about how hard it is to get back upon the horse....
    Happy sewing dear friend
    x o
    Bente

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute as a button block. Great that you are able to be back stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Whew! It's good to hear. I can see the smile on your face!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's good news that you are able to get back to sewing. Your block is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are definitely back and I couldn't be happier!!!!!

    ReplyDelete