Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Looked what came hopping into my mailbox today

I love surprises , don't you . Well the mail just arrived and inside was this adorable little bunny from Selina .


Isn't she sweet with her pink egg , thanks so much Selina , I love it !!
  Our grandsons girlfriend spent some time in Bali so I asked her to pick up some batiks for me , she came for a visit on Friday with a bag filled with the most gorgeous batiks I have ever seen .
The one at the back is actually a dress she had bought which had gotten torn in an area that it would be impossible to repair so she gave that to me as well . Thanks so much Chelsey I am sure I can make something very pretty with these !! Chelsey even took a class to make batiks , now that sounds like fun but she said it was a lot harder than it looked .
 On the weekend I finally was able to get down to visit with my Mom , with the dreadful weather we have had these past few months plus some joint issues it was impossible for me to drive that far and not exactly safe either . I travelled with my brother and his wife which was nice as we had a chance to catch up . I was able to deliver my little landscapes that I had made for my brother , my sisters and my Mom . If you remember I made them with my Dad's ties , they loved them which makes me extra happy ! If you hadn't seen them previously you can check them out here . My Mom gave me five more ties so lets see what I can create with those , since I didn't get a landscape for myself I may just make one ;-) 

 Not a lot of sewing going on at the moment but I did finish this little wool ornament , a free pattern on a  wool applique FB group , they are fun and quick to make and my collection is sure growing now .
That bright green was once a boiled wool jacket , I picked it up at a thrift store for this purpose , it is wonderful to work with .
That is it from me today , hope everyone is enjoying there day and thanks so much for stopping by .
 Hugs Sheila

17 comments:

  1. What a cute bunny! His twin came to my house,And I now realize that I forgot to blog about it. Your batiks are beautiful. I know you'll have fun playing with them. So glad your family liked your landscapes made with the ties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome batiks! I have a few similar ones that my sister brought me when she visited Bali. Your little wool ornament is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh what a cute post card! and love the Bstiks..they are so rich looking

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet postcard! Bet you will have fun with the batiks - the colours in them are gorgeous! I do love your little wool cutie, too. I'm sure the tie landscapes were well received :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute postcard. Can't wait to see what you do with those gorgeous batiks. Lovely ornie so very cute. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute postcard and lovely fabrics. What a novel idea of making a landscape out of ties. They looked wonderful and yes, you should make one for yourself. Looks like you got a head start on next Christmas. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just popped over to see your tie landscapes. They are fabulous and what a lovely way to remember your dad. You simply MUST make one for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful batiks!!! I love the little bunny too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chi zsheila how nice of Chelsa to get you those fabrics ,they are lovely. That bunny postcard is so cute and I love the tie landscapes you made ,what a beautiful thought xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute bunny and love a low cal egg! Lol! Great fabrics xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great postcard to brighten your day! Wow, you hit the batik jackpot, didn't you? Lovely fabrics. Do you have plans for them yet? That's a great idea to repurpose a wool jacket from the thrift store into something creative :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those batiks are amazing; I've never seen any that different and colorful. I think you'll enjoy working with them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What gorgeous fabrics Sheila - lucky lady and I wonder what you will make. Lovely postcard from Selina too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sheila.... glad you managed a trip to see your mom..... have fun with your new batiks and I do like your little ornie... felted wool is a favourite here to sew too!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning dear Sheila!
    The bunny from Selina is so lovely and your little wool ornament looks great.
    Have fun with the new fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The rabbit and its egg pink are cute!
    These batiks look wonderful and I'm sure you will do admirable things with them.
    certainty.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just received a gift of some fabrics from Thailand. They sure are beautiful! I wonder why we don't have such gorgeous fabrics here. Another cute postcard for you! You have lots to decorate for Easter with now. I love the little ornament. Will you share the site?

    ReplyDelete