Monday, June 22, 2015

My postcards have arrived :-)

When I mail off postcards I am always a bit relieved when I hear they have arrived safely and both of the postcards I had sent arrived late last week , yeah! First off is the postcard I sent to Lin  in France .


A common sight along the shores of Nova Scotia in summer are sailboats enjoying the ocean waves . I am not a sailor but do love to watch and have been on a sailboat a few times .
Next is a summer sunset as yet again the waters are enjoyed by a sailboat , what a great way to enjoy a hot evening . This one was sent to Jeanneke in the Netherlands , so neat to have my postcards across the ocean . 

These swaps are such fun and I hope in the next swap we can convince a few more people to participate , I know they will enjoy it .I hope all the postcards are now in the mail , if not please let your partner know that it is on its way and also when  your cards arrive please let your partner know it has landed safely so they won't be worried about it being lost , thanks so much . Oh and don't forget to post a picture of your postcards , both sent and received and also the  flicker page up on my right sidebar.You can see the postcards that I received from Lin and Jeanekke in the previous post .

 I had such fun with creating these little beach scenes I decided I would do a few more , want to see them ?
a little dory anchored in the water 
another sail boat 
and yet another 
am I obsessed with sail boats ?
a lighthouse , another common sight here 
Peggys Cove 
The mountains in Mabou .  
 I have taken these postcards to Fiddle Stitches in Mabou hoping the tourists will love them enough to purchase them :-) I had fun creating them so that is all that really matters .
 It is raining here today and rather chilly but yesterday I took the time to plant a few flowers before the downfall came , some pretty red geraniums and some asters to add colour to my garden . 
 I like to sit out on hot days so I have this very old, very large, chair that is very rustic looking and on Saturday I covered a piece of thick foam with some decorator fabric , zipper and all and now I have the perfect place to sit and read or just listen to the birds .
Can you believe I was actually able to keep this geranium all winter and just look at all the blooms , it makes my heart happy just to see it ! 
 Thats it for me folks , I hope you have a great day , with all this rain it is a great day to quilt so you know where I will be :-)  Thanks for stopping by today and remember to do something creative , it is good for your soul .
 hugs Sheila 

33 comments:

  1. Love joining in the postcard swops - my card from Maria was just beautiful. What about a mug rug swop next time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your postcards are really gorgeous. That was a great theme for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheila, your postcards are beautiful! Great theme. I enjoy following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your cards Sheila , I am sure they will sell.Looking forward to the next swaps.
    in stitches

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sheila! I love all your postcards... they are really fabulous. I hope you sell some... it would be exciting to think of them going to other parts of the World. Have a lovely week! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheila your postcards are little works of art. Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your chair and new covers; it does look like a perfect resting spot. Lovely postcards; all of the scenes look real.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the postcards. They are just wonderful. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sheila, your postcards are lovely and I'm sure they will sell! What a comfy chair, even if it's old it looks ready for someone to just sink into the cushions and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sheila,wow those postcards are amazing and what a lovely spot to sit and relax in,hope you have a lovely day my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sailboat postcards are all so pretty, but I LOVE the lighthouse ones the best! They're all wonderful! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sheila, your postcards are fabulous! I love the way you used such great Nova Scotian scenes in your postcards. They are wonderful and I love that chair...a perfect place to sit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic postcards that so speak of your Nova Scotia area.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sheila! Your postcards are amazjng... I love them all! I need to find time to make a couple of these...you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely Sheila! Just amazing little works of art x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Sheila........those postcards are just so beautiful........love them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love these postcards, they're wonderful pieces of art

    ReplyDelete
  18. All your cards are lovely Sheila - I am sure they will be snapped up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sheila all your post cards are amazing... Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  20. BEAUTIFUL postcards! All of them. The beaches and waters look awesome! The lumpy yarn is so perfect for whitecaps. I feel like I'm sitting right there on the beach looking out at these great scenes of boats and lighthouses. What could be better than to send a postcard home made by a local artist.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your postcards are gorgeous Sheila, I'm sure they will be a novel hit at the shop too. I love doing the postcard swaps, just cant seem to keep on top of everything these days!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The postcards are beautiful. Where can I find more details about the swop? X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, I fell in love the small boat! What a coincidence, I also I made a cake with boats.I'll be glad you enjoy my blog! I stay in yours and I will follow with interest your posts!
    Actually everything here I loved it! Gorgeous postcards, Sheila!

    ReplyDelete
  24. fabulous postcards....I imagine the others will seel well they are lovely... what a great spot you have created there...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  25. gorgeous postcards!
    love how you've made the yarn looklike the waves on the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  26. These cards are beautiful! I really like the way you show your landscapes. The boat is lovely and the headlights are very romantic.
    Of course they will be sold!
    Geraniums? One of my favorite flowers. I pruned and re-planted mine. Now they are sprouting. in August or September will also have flowers. I have geraniums in various colors. Geraniums and Anturios are a apixão. I hope that this year's drought not hurt them much.
    Your zone to look the garden was lovely!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's so nice to catch up with your happenings on your blog. Your postcards are like works of art, really beautiful! I love your spot on your comfy chair too, just perfect for relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely Stunning? The colours in the sunset one are gorgeous. Your work just gets better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just need to know how to get a website started. I want to make a fan site for a new band. I know that I have to pay for a domain, but I’m confused about how to purchase & build a website. Help please? Thanks in advance! (:. Thanks everyone! (:
    obat kuat
    obat kuat semarang

    ReplyDelete
  30. Today I showed your beautiful summer postcard to friends of mine and they were drooling and in awe!
    It's a gem, Sheila and I treasure it.
    Love and hugs,

    Jeanneke.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Amazing postcards and I love your delightful stitching spot.

    ReplyDelete