Monday, May 30, 2016

Thistle quilt guild show

Good morning and a happy Monday to you all . We are being rained upon at the moment which is not all bad , we need the moisture and it makes for a great day to stay inside and sew .
 The Thistle Quilt Guild show was held on this past Saturday and was a huge success . To those who made the trip up to see our show I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thanks especially to the Blogger Quartet for meeting up with me for lunch then for the show,  Lesley,  Linda and Karen plus we had some special guests join us , Linda's daughter Niki and her friend Beth a friend and fellow quilter , it was wonderful to have you all there.  You know meeting these gals has been one of the best things about blogging,  they are truly the best.

 Now on with the show , I didn't take that many pictures,  sorry about that , it isn't always easy to get a decent picture and some that I did take are blurry.   First off I will share a picture of the quartet .

 Not the best picture of us but all I have . We are standing in front of my Frozen quilt I made for Sophia.  From left to right , Karen,  Linda , Lesley and me . 

 I hope I have this correct , I believe this was made by Mary W. And she designed it from a decorative  pillow she had bought . Isn't it fantastic.  
A nice scrappy quilt , sorry I am not sure who made this one . 
Another scrappy quilt and a heart quilt next to that . 

My Frozen quilt 
A collection of miniatures by Gloria T. , she does amazing PP in miniatures.  
This miniature I believe was done by Norma,  her first attempt at anything this small 

More of Gloria's miniatures!  

Joan's mystery quilt designed by Kaaren . I am still working on mine . Great job Joan and she hand quilted it herself too 😊
I loved this nautical themed quilt .
You can see the beautiful pinwheel quilt , very colourful and happy.  This was the result of an exchange we did with the girls we quilt with on Tuesdays plus a couple of others and I think this one is Becky's . 

Kate did this beautiful embroidery and hand quilted it . She is an amazing hand quilter . 
Because we do a variety of projects this table has a few tea cozies . Isn't this one made by Jane gorgeous . 
A pretty pastel quilt made by Wilma . 
We did a charm square exchange in spring prints and these projects are some of the results of that exchange . My project is in the far left top corner .
This stunning braid quilt was made by Claudet and she also made one in a different color  range for our guild quilt which we sold tickets on . 
 Gloria is not the only one who dabbles in minatures , I think this one was made by Anne M.
Pretty isnt it .

This little landscape is mine . The Blogger Quartet's decided last year this time that we would exchange a pillow using improv curved piecing . The landscape above was my first attempt . I just loved curved piecing ! My hubby didn't think I should make this into a pillow so I proceeded to make another one which I will share another day , this post is getting picture heavy but before I go I want to share the quilt that everyone was in awe of .  Actually to see all the great pillows we exchanged head on over to visit with Linda , she shared our pillows in her most recent post .Head on over here , she will be so happy to see you .
This quilt was made by Norma MacCara for her brother for Christmas . I am trying to figure out a way to be adopted in the family as she makes a quilt each year for a sibling .
Believe it or not this is the back of the quilt , isn't it incredible . I thought I had a photo of the front but don't seem to have it in these files . If I find it on my camera later I will share it .
 I found the photo so I want you to see that both sides are worthy of winning an award.


 Needless to say Norma won the viewers choice award and it was well deserved.  
So I hope you have enjoyed this small sampling of the many beautiful quilts and other projects our guild produced this past year , we have so many talented quilters and I am proud to be a member of this great guild . 
 Thanks for stopping by. 
 Hugs sheila 

17 comments:

  1. Some great pictures of the quilts - looks like your show was a great success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilts......almost (but not quite) as good as being there in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous quilt show - such variety. The last piece is amazing and deserving of it's award.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous quilts. Love the embroidered teapots. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many wonderful projects! Thanks for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great show Sheila with lots of beautiful work. I do love the stunner at the end but I also love the Mystery Quilt - the colours she has used are gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun to revisit the show! I'm not surprised that Norma's quilt took the prize! Didn't we have fun? XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! Just beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely fabulous Quilt Show..... such beautiful quilts Sheila! One of the things I love most about the quilting World is the diversity of the quilts that are made and the talented people who make them! Love all these beautiful quilts... thank you for sharing them! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the photos of the show. I'm a huge fan of your landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's sew nice meeting up with your blogging friends for the quilt show. Sew many amazing quilts made by talented ladies...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful! Congratulations to all the ladies who showed their work!
    I looked carefully each picture. Thanks so much for sharing!
    I'm eager to see more.
    It is very interesting even the world of blogs. I look at the picture and see friends who have never met in person. But I know these great and talented women! Wow!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for sharing your pictures! I feel like I would fit right in with this guild. =) I really liked your curved piecing and agree with your husband about not making it a pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for taking us along to the quilt show! So many inspiring quilts large and small!
    Perfect to incorporate it with a bloggy meet up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. great quilts - lovely to see them... and so good to meet up with bloggy friends -
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely pictures, your pieces are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful quilts and a nice picture of the bloggers. Your mini is lovely. Lesley showed your other quilts and they are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete