Thursday, May 26, 2016

Let's Book It and a few finishes

Oh I know it has been a dreadful long time since I have been around here but there have been various reasons for my absence  First off a lovely visit with my son and his family , here is a photo of my beautiful granddaughters with Bill and I .

Thanks to Rob and Diane for being such wonderful hosts and to Alyssa and Caitlin for spending so much time with us , we loved every minute of our stay .

I have managed a couple of finishes lately as our quilt show is this Saturday . First off is this rather old UFO called Garden Vine .
In this photo is had missed a couple of quilting lines but did complete them once I seen my mistake . I also finished my Buttermilk Basin BOM for 2015 .

 
I have also been busy keeping up with the Splendid sampler blocks and here is a photo of some of the  blocks in have completed , I have done a couple more since this photo . 
And now for the reason for the title of my post , the Let's  Book It .  I didn't get a lot done this month.  I finished up the block I had started last month , adding the embroidery and then the applique . 

The heart blocks I had done last month but forgot to share them so will share them now . Thanks Sharon for this fun event . 
Thanks so much for stopping by and I apologize for my  absence from the blog as well as visiting my favorite blogs , life has just been super busy . 
 Hugs Sheila 

19 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you got to spend time with your family! You're allowed to take a blog break every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheila ,how lovely to spend time with your family and my your work is so beautiful,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheila ... what beautiful granddaughters you have, Glad you got to get that visit in with them I know how much you miss them. And great job on keepingup with all those blocks and the woolie ones too.
    stay in stitches
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheila, your granddaughters are gorgeous girls! Best wishes for a successful quilt show this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great family time. Many you have done some lovely work.. Your SS is looking fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck with your show, please say Hi to all my friends there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good Sheila!! Lovely girls to spend your time with...enjoy your quilt show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful girls Sheila and I am glad you had a lovely time with your son and his family. Your two finishes are lovely... it is always nice to get a project finished! Your Splendid Sampler blocks are looking great! I was glad the lat block was a bit easier... it has been quite a challenge with some of them! Have a lovely weekend! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Family time is the best. To add some quilting time is the frosting on the cake. Great finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your grand daughters are beautiful! So glad you had a great visit! Love your projects! Looking forward to seeing them up close and personal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to have you back Sheila. I love your garden vine and great to see your Splendid sampler blocks. Hope to see you again soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, Sheila!
    I missed you here on the blog, but I see Facebook as you walk busy.
    His granddaughters are really beautiful! Congratulations!
    I wish much success in the exhibition tomorrow. Please make lots of pictures!
    A warm hug!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely photo of you, Bill & your granddaughters. Love your projects. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your granddaughters are indeed beautiful and I'm glad you got to spend so much time with them. You still manage to get a lot of stitching done. Great finishes and lovely projects.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wondered about your absence and am glad you were away enjoying your family. That is a sweet picture with your granddaughters. Lovely quilts you are taking to your show.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your creations were even more beautiful in person! Had a lovely day at the quilt show! Your granddaughters are gorgeous! You must be so very proud. I'm so glad you were able to make the trip! XO

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great to have an upcoming show to motivate a couple more (gorgeous) finishes! Lovely to be visiting family, such a nice photo of you both with your grand daughters. Your SS blocks are lovely - you are using a pretty colour range - I have yet to start mine!

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely to have the family time and great work on the quilts... I love the wool one of course and your SS blocks are looking wonderful.... I am rather a lot behind now
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lots of pretty projects on your "design surfaces". Love the Buttermilk Basin BOM.

    ReplyDelete