Wednesday, April 27, 2016

I'd like you to meet Ruby ,plus it is Lets Book it Time

Good afternoon from sunny Nova Scotia , what a glorious spring day today .  Are you wondering who Ruby is , well let me introduce you , I think you may just like her . My dear hubby came home yesterday carrying this precious sewing machine under his arm , and yes her name is Ruby .
Can you see her faded name on the top of the machine , that is the only decals that are worn  and this baby is most likely late 1800's from what I have found through research . She should be in a treadle cabinet which my assumption is how her name got worn from pulling her in and out of the cabinet so bless her heart she did get lots of use years ago . I won't be using her but she will bring me joy just having her around and knowing that she was appreciated many years ago as well . Bill brought something else home for me but I didn't take a photo so will share that at a later date .
 Now for Lets Book it , hosted by Sharon . I am still plugging away on my Christmas Quilt and managed to get one block completed and another made but the embroidery needs doing .
This month has just flown by and I have been super busy trying to keep ahead of all the projects I have taken on .
I did complete this months section of the Craftsy BOM which I do love .
I also finished piecing the Buttermilk Basin Bom for 2015 but still need to quilt it .
This was a fun project done with wool and cotton , thanks to Stacy for providing these fun blocks each month .

I must run , I have a busy day ahead of me but thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day .
 hugs Sheila


19 comments:

  1. Congrats on your little Miss a Ruby! Isn't she a lucky gal to be living in your sewing room! Love your quilts...amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruby is gorgeous. Love the quilts. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruby is gorgeous! You have been busy......that BOM is coming along beautifully, isn't it? Your other BOM is fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little Ruby is very sweet - how lucky she is to live with you now... your works are coming along so lovely too - so many very different things..
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. How special is Ruby!!! Veru nice surprise for you. Lots of beautiful projects happening at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. RUBY is so sweet. Lovely gift

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice projects, Sheila.....loving Ruby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ruby is beautiful - what an awesome DH!!!! I signed up for that Craftsy BOM, but forgot to go back and do it! Oh well, lots of other pretties happening in my sewing room. I hope Spring is finally in Nova Scotia to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So good to see you sewing again....love RUBY....you lucky girl, you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ruby is beautiful! You have been busy with your projects and they are all looking fabulous! Enjoy your day! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ruby is a beauty! What better gift could you receive?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ruby looks happy in her new home. Lots of gorgeous projects on the go. Hope you are enjoying some nice weather (we had a bit of snow yesterday).

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad, after all her years of hard work, Ruby has found a retirement home where she will be appreciated. Lots of beautiful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely surprise Ruby was....very special. All your projects are looking wonderful Sheila. Glad Spring has found you xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, Ruby is gorgeous! What a great find. I love the way the Craftsy BOM is coming along and all your buttermilk blocks look great together. Lots of lovely things as usual Sheila. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are one lucky woman! You need to keep him! All your projects are lovely, Sheila. I am especially smitten with your buttermilk blocks! Good job keeping up. XO

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great find! Bill sounds like a very thoughtful guy :-) All of your projects and I really love the Crafsy piece!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful gift hubby bought home. I am sure Ruby will be a much loved by you...
    You are working on some lovely BOMs...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ruby is definitely a gem! Lucky you. You have so many projects on the go lately but you seem to be keeping up very well. You are very motivated.

    ReplyDelete