Monday, March 27, 2017

Update on my crazy quilt block

The weather in our area has been anything but spring like , we even had a blizzard last Thursday,  Mother Nature needs a wake up call and Shubenacdie Sam got it all wrong , we did not have an early spring . Well we may have, but winter returned 😉  Oh well look on the bright side it is close to the end of March , my least favorite month and April is just around the corner so surely that means better weather.
  I have lots of things on the go , one project I even completed but I can't share it as it is a mystery and can't be revealed just yet but I promise to share it soon .  I hate to admit this but I am also STILL working on my Round Robin project but it is getting close to a finish too , as long as I have it done by May I am good 😉  There is also my BOM Quilt that I am trying to finish up , I am in the process of sewing rows together
and I have had to unpick a couple of times , not quite as easy this way at least for me .

Now for the title of this post , I have also been working now and then on the crazy quilt block I told you about in my earlier post . I have now completed task #6 , yeah . Some of this embroidery was quite quick , the little row of French knot flowers took a little longer to complete but I sure do love them . I don't have a lot of floss in the 12 weight and most of what I do have is darker colours but  I did find enough to do the flowers as it makes a huge difference using this floss compared to dmc for the embroidery , a nicer finish . I have heard a store in Halifax now carries some of this type of floss so my next visit to the city will include a trip to Patch . Here is what it looks like right now. I am going to link up to Super Mom No Cape today , go here to see what others have been stitching .


 Now yesterday I needed a little break from embroidery and well,  I fell off my wagon of not starting anything new,  that didn't last long did it haha.  I seen these 6"blocks on various blogs and couldn't resist joining in.  I guess I miss the SS . This is another SAL , this time with other designers like Carrie Nelson ,Jo Morton and Lisa Bonegan to name a few and is called Moda Blockheads , here is a link to the newest block
http://blog.modafabrics.com/2017/03/blockheads-block-3/#more-14813
Only three blocks have been shared so far so it's not too late to join in the fun . I finished my three blocks since yesterday so obviously pretty quick to make.
 I am digging into the same container I used for  my BOM , there is enough to make a couple of quilts I think .
 So there you have it,  I confess I just can't resist cute blocks , can you ?
 That's it for me today , I am off to put some heat on my knee which is giving me grief . Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day .
 Hugs Sheila

18 comments:

  1. Hi Sheila wow loving your work and those blocks are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All you blocks look great. Love how your crazy patch block is looking. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your crazy quilt piece has come along beautifully! I like the blocks too......but I am trying to finish things as well, not start anything new unless it's a small project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stitching is very pretty. I like your Block Head blocks; I'm also making them and enjoying it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like there is a lot going on sewing wise in your place. Love the crazy patch all the stitching is worth it. Your other blocks are lovely too, there is always lots to tempt us out in blog world isnt there!!! We should be easing into autumn by now but the summer keeps on, we are goping for some lower temps this week, as you are hoping for warmer ones !! Hope your knee responded to the heat pack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least the cooler weather is good for sitting and sewing...Your Crazy Patch is looking fabulous..
    Oh NO! Not another 6" block SAL...have fun with it...I'm busy framing my SS blocks..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your BH blocks are very nice! I caught the bug, too and I'm making two of each with sorta reversed colours. I've also just made a few blocks on my own just for fun because I couldn't wait until the next release! We finally have nice weather here...its been winter way too long here!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your crazy block is beautiful Sheila. Spring is very late by the sounds of things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your crazy quilt block is looking fabulous Sheila! Crazy quilting is such a lot of fun! Love your new blocks too.... there is so much gorgeous eye candy on the internet, it is very hard not to succumb to the temptation of a new project.... I wonder how I know that?!! Tee hee! Have a lovely week! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The crazy quilting looks great. You'll be done with yours before I finish mine at this rate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your making great headway on your crazy quilt and I'm loving the new blocks. Why am I not surprised that you gave in and joined another project.....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking good, Sheila! I checked it out, but registration was closed. Maybe next time! I'm on my way! Just a week from Thursday! Mother Nature needs to turn up the heat now! XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those blocks! Your fabrics are great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ... and summer returns here for us ..... haha.... love your crazy patch. what is the other thread called? Just wondering (I like to know what's out there). and well done you for starting something new.... it's a reward!!! haha

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your embroidery is beautiful Sheila - the crazy block is going to be beautiful. Enjoy your new SAL and I hope the knee is feeling better now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your crazy block is very cute with the brighter colours

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your crazy block...and I think I have several containers that can make a gazillion quilts.....like it keeps growing but truly that is not a complaint...only smiles here

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my, I love those blocks. I will enjoy seeing what comes next. Your embroidery is very pretty. So very many different stitches.

    ReplyDelete