Saturday, July 22, 2017

FNSI Report

It is Saturday here now and since I live on the east coast of Canada I get to stitch with friends on Thursday and Friday night as those on the other side of the world are happily stitching on what for me is Thursday,  does that make sense . Anyway on Thursday evening I was stitching on my wool project from last year , a BOM with Darlene from  Needle Pulling Thread quilt shop.
 
I have all but the fence done so I think i made great progress . It was so hot that evening I really must have had a screw loose to be working with wool .
 Now last night I didn't start until later in the evening as we were experiencing a thunder storm but once that passed I decided I would add a border to this runner I sewed together on Thursday or maybe it was Wednesday . 
 Two of these blocks were in a bag I purchased from the  estate of a fellow guild member . Carol was a wonderfully creative person and it was such a difficult job to sell off her lovely fabrics and works in progress . I was able to find enough fabric in the bag to make an extra block and had to use her blocks as reference to make a pattern as I went along . I think they are suppose to be apples , anyway I love the colours and really like the green for a border.  I will machine quilt this I think . 
During the time that I wasn't able to use the machine I also cut strips to make more pillows , oh I know what am I thinking . I just wanted to use up that denim and get rid of the rest of it.  Here are the two pillows I created , having just finished the surf one a few minutes ago .


 This was the first one , can't have a beach without sand 😉
And let's face it when we go to the beach we like to watch the surf of the waves 😊
 So thanks for stopping by and thanks to Wendy for hosting us for FNSI , to see what others were up to head on over here http://www.sugarlane-designs.com/2017/07/dry-july-fnsi-sign-ups-open-now.html
Hugs Sheila 

13 comments:

  1. Sheila, your pillows are all awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila, you are the most clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pillows. They look fabulous. The runner is beautiful. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sand and surf are wonderful companions for 'beach'! I keep a clock here set to Toronto time because our son and DIL live there, it's now 7 P.M. Saturday night in Toronto and 9 A.M. Sunday here. You are an hour ahead of Toronto, so it would be 8 P.M. Saturday where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your projects, wool, scrappy apples and denim cushions.... you are certainly keeping busy
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pretty apples and that you have completed it for your friend and have it now as a treasured reminder of her. Love the extra beachy cushions and sweet wool block xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute little wool block Sheila. I love the apple table runner and especially that you were able to rescue it. More super cushions too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your wools are the best, Sheila! Everything looks wonderful...sorry about your friend

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your surf and sand pillows! Such a creative idea. Isn't it sad when our quilting friends pass on - but lovely to have some of their unfinished projects to remember them by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Owl block is really cute! And all your work with the denim is fabulous!! So many ideas and designs - good old Pinterest, isn't it great for a bit of inspiration?! The runner also looks lovely - so good that you were able to use your late friend's work and finish it for her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know what you mean about having two sewing nights. Mine here are Friday and Saturday nights...😁
    You where very productive . Cute wool owl 🦉 and the Apple table runner is lovely .
    Oh and the pillows are just the best use of denims

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been busy. All gorgeous, especially the pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful start to my day.....thank you Sheila and thank you Jeannie for the video. Such beautiful work. It must have been wonderful seeing the show in person xx

    บอลพรุ่งนี้

    ReplyDelete