Saturday, November 4, 2017

Friday night with Friends

Time to report my FNWF happenings. On Thursday evening I stitched along with my friends in the Southern Hemisphere and finished off this little stitchery which will become a postcard.
Then on Friday evening I worked on this stitchery that I started last year around this time . Not too much left to do now .
Sorry it is still wrinkled from the hoop .

 Have you ever had a situation that you just had to do something even though it wasn't your colours or even your style . Well this happened to me , I had bought some bits and pieces from a friends estate sale at our guild and in the bag was some four patch blocks and these pink polka dot pieces sewn on each side of a beige piece . What was her intention , hmm , no real idea but after much thought and contemplation I came across a photo of a block and the light bulb went on . I think this was Carols plan for these pieces or I hope it was . I have been sewing these together as leaders and enders off and on this summer and found I had created 13 blocks.  I chose the best 12 of those and made this quilt top after searching through my stash for borders and sashings . I was happy to find some fabrics I felt matched these blocks fairly well so proceeded to get it all sewn together and here is the result.  I hope Carol would be pleased.  It is the size of a lap quilt .
I actually quite like it now and I think it is good to sew fabrics you don't normally use it makes you think outside the box a little .
 At the moment I am busy sewing the Splendid sampler blocks from last year together , well actually I have that part completed plus I have sewn all the sashing strips together for between the rows so the next job is sewing those to the rows of blocks . Wow , this is a ton of work !
Thanks for stopping by today and be sure to stop by to see what others have been stitching on for FNWF , Thanks to Cheryl for hosting us .
Hugs Sheila

18 comments:

  1. Love your quilt....you got a lot done Friday night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet stitchery. Your quilt is beautiful and I feel sure your friend would approve...great job putting them together. Splendid Sampler is definitely a lot of work but so worth it when its done. Can't wait to see your version Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stitcheries. The quilt top is gorgeous. I'm sure Carol would love what you have done. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sheila wow that quilt is gorgeous my friend,your friend will think you are very clever and i love your stitchery,well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stitcheries, the top one will make a beautiful postcard. You have done an amazing job with the things you bought at the sale, the quilt is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have done a great job with this quilt. I'm sure you friend would have been very proud.. well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. isn't it great to be able to have two nights of sewing with friends... Lovely Christmas Stitchery's..
    You did a fabulous job of building Carols bits into blocks and then make a fabulous quilt...
    Oh yes the Splendid Sampler sure is a lot of work.. I need to put twp 1 1/2 " borders on mine and I am still searching for the right colour for the final border...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snap! That stitchery is pretty isn't it. Nice work on the quilt Sheila and yes, it is good for us to work out of the box sometimes. I am sure your friend would have been very pleased. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quilt came out beautifully! All quilted up, it will be a stunner! Seeing your pretty stitcheries makes me think I should probably set myself up with a few to work on during my travels. If I stick to some redwork, I wouldn’t have to pack very much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got a lot done! Both of your stitcheries look so cute and your quilt top turned out fabulous. I think your friend would be pleased. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sheila, I think the quilt turned out great! I'm sure your friend would be very pleased to see her little quilt finished. I love your stitching, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The quilt is very pretty..... she will love it. A lot of blocks in SS to sew together....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. The stitching looks so sweet and your quilt turned out so well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sheila, your embroideries are wonderful! And I love your quilt, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great embroideries. I have done the first one and I have the second one printed out. Don't see it getting done for Christmas 2017, maybe you are the insentive I need for 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sheila I love your stitcheries and I think Carol would be very pleased with what you have done with her blocks I think the lap quilt looks awesome,love the fabrics ,well done 💋

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there,
    It's always so nice to see your lovely stitching projects! I really like how you did the blocks and the quilt looks wonderful.
    Happy stitching,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  18. How fun to rescue that quilt and make it yours. Maybe Carol sent along some inspiration to help you get it done. Lovely quilt and stitchery too!

    ReplyDelete