Wednesday, October 12, 2011

WIP Wednesday

It is Wednesday again , wow the weeks just fly by . I have lots of projects on the go but only a couple I can share right now ,this first one I should have finished by now as it is just waiting for binding which I do have ready but just have not had a chance to get it sewn on , it wont happen today either so Ill share it the way it is for now.
This cat is in the same Fons and Porter magazine as the pumpkin placemat , I think he has the most adorable grin , I just had to make him.
 As many of you know I quilt with some great gals on Tuesdays at the church and it just so happens that one of my quilts is now in the frame which makes me soooooooooo happy , it has been in the UFO pile for quite sometime.
The name of this quilt is Louisa and is a Moda pattern designed by Terry Clothier Thompson . My dear hubby bought the kit for this quilt a number of years ago and I finally got around to making it a little over a year ago now ,it is a busy looking quilt but I love the old fashioned look to the fabrics and it is really looking great now that some quilting has been done .
 What else do I have going , well the stay at home RR is in the works , my crazy quilt blocks need to be made into a quilt , I need to make some more postcards for a swap and I could go on and on but I dont want to depress you or me ;-0
 It is a gorgeous sunny day here today , wish I was doing laundry and hanging it out but my washer decided to quit on me so we need to call a repair man .
I am linking up today with the Needle and Thread Network so be sure to check out who else has linked up , lots of interesting things to see . As always thanks for stopping by and have yourself a wonderful day.
 hugs Sheila

12 comments:

  1. Sheila! I love your quilt and all the fabrics in it too. I just love patterns by Terry Clothier Thompson. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is beautiful!! and love the cat....those patterns are so cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hand stitching with those old timey fabrics will make that a wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kitty is just darling!!! LOVE the quilt!!! So nice that it is no longer a UFO cuz it's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilt.. your piecing is so perfect I had to double check it wasn't a printed piece of fabric.... Happy quilting...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that cute. Sooo cute. :) Your quilt is fabulous. I love the fabrics in it. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cat is so adorable - just effect for Halloween! Your Louisa quilt looks great too. Great colours and fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I recognize the cat. He is adorable Sheila and that quilt is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Quilt & Card Sure Were a HIT !!!! Shalene & all of us Loved them !!! Beautiful Sheila!!! Hugs & Have a great Day !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute little kitty! Love your quilt....another UFO almost done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great cat, I love his grin too! Your quilt is wonderful, great pattern and fabrics.

    ReplyDelete