Monday, March 25, 2013

Blue it is and some fun mail

I had a dentist appointment this morning so since I was heading into town I took my nine patch quilt along and stopped in to the fabric shop first to choose some fabric for the borders .I find it easier if I can lay the quilt out with some options to choose from and this is what I chose .
When I looked at this quilt , two colors jumped out at me , the blue as well as the gold , I tried a gold and it was ok but in my opinion did not do much for the quilt and I thought this complimented it well . Want a side view ?
Here you may see where I got this thought from as this blue check  quilt is on the bed where I have been laying the quilt to try out what fabrics I had on hand . What do you think ,does it look ok?This quilt was on my list for March for UFO, I did accomplish what I had set out to do and that was to finish the top , it will be machine quilted .I also finished my SAHRR which I posted about in early March but unfortunately I did not get my Autumn Bounty quilt quilted as planned , maybe in April. I am linking up today to Carrie for my UFO finishes for March .
 When I returned from the dentist my mailbox had the flag up and here is what was inside , a package with my name on it .
Here it is all wrapped up with a little note from Marina and Daryl from Quilt Inspiration , I had won a giveaway a little while ago . So I am sure you would like to know what is inside right:-)
Two lovely batik fat quarters and a fun quilting book "Word Play Quilts " , awesome don't you think!
 Today is my Mom's birthday and I sent her a postcard and I was just talking with her and she received it this morning , I was getting worried as I mailed it on Wednesday last week and it didn't have to go all that far .Here it is ...
She loved it , I was inspired to create this after receiving a card in a yahoo exchange , the theme was candles and Miriam sent me a card similar to this one and she was pleased I liked it enough to make one for my Mom. Happy Birthday Mom. Love you !!
 Thanks for stopping by today and I hope that your day is a fun one.
hugs Sheila

17 comments:

  1. Blue was certainly the best choice Sheila! Love it. Also, love the postcard for your Mom. So cute!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is quite a bit of blue in the quilt so I think blue makes a nice border. Great card for you mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the postcard - your mom is very lucky! Has the snow all melted yet??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your quilt with the blue border, looks beautiful! And the postcard for you mum is lovely too, nice mail for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is just beautiful! I love the blue with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good choice Sheila!! It makes every other color pop...and everything else is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the blue border too and the card is lovely and a great idea - no wonder your mum loved it! Congrats on your little win too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is beautiful and blue is a favourite os mine. Your card is very special.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blue looks fabulous on the quilt. Love the postcard. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blue is perfect... I like to audition fabrics with the quilt too! love your postcard and lovely win too.... happy birthday to your mom...

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree. The blue is a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the blue is a perfect choice.
    always nice to get fun mail. the postcard is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The blue is perfect and the postcard is gorgeous! Congrats on the giveaways too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree, the blue really works; love the sashing too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Some nice sewing to look forward to after the dentist appointment - well done! Yes, the blue looks good - and I was momentarily fooled by the existing bed cover!! Lucky winnings and cool fabric card...sorry to ask a silly question but do you just stick a stamp on and off it goes??

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the blue Sheila. The quilt top is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The blue is lovely. Makes the blocks stand out. Lovely birthday card.

    ReplyDelete