Thursday, November 27, 2014

43 years today

On this day 43 years ago I married my best friend and after 43 years we are still best friends what more can anyone wish for  Thanks for the best years of my life Bill .

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends , I hope you have a wonderful celebration of thanks with your friends and families :-)

I have some mail to share , as some of you know I organized a Christmas postcard exchange , well my partner was really on the ball and I already have received her beautiful postcard in the mail .

 Isn't it pretty a lovely embroidered snowflake to bring in the holiday season , thanks so much Pauline ! I also got a surprise today with another postcard from Lin ...
Lovely candles in a very artistic setting , they are wonderful Lin , thanks so much !! I will share the postcard I sent off to Pauline once it is received but right now I can share the postcard I have made for Brandy Lynn's snowflake exchange .
I had this snowflake fabric in my stash and added some small snowflakes and an applique snowflake with a little sparkle to add some pizzazz :-)  I don't have my partner for this swap just yet . 
 I have been doing some other stitching but the only thing I can share just now is this wool stocking which is a pattern by Primitve Gatherings .
It is only tiny being approximately 9" long , it was fun to stitch . I really enjoy having some wool projects to stitch during the evenings , and I am sure enjoying the Valdani Threads I won a while ago from Kaaren of the Painted Quilt  , they are such a joy to work with . 

Before I head off to my sewing space I want to gently remind those who are taking part in the postcard exchange to please have them posted no later than Dec. 1st which is fast approaching , yikes that means Christmas is right around the corner , sorry I have to run . Thanks for stopping by .
 hugs Sheila

21 comments:

  1. Congratulations and best wishes on your wedding anniversary xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, Happy Anniversary, Sheila!! Give that handsome husband of yours a hug from me!! Lovely postcards...but aren't they always?? There are so many talented and creative ladies out there. I know how much they look forward to your postcard swaps. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parabéns pelos 43 anos de casamento. Felicidades!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your anniversary.......43 years is a great achievement! What gorgeous postcards.......one of these days I will have to sign up for an exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary. Gorgeous postcards. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! Both those snowflake cards are just beautiful! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ... and a very happy annivesary... wonderful to find the perfect person to spend the rest of your life with...
    lovely postcards....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your anniversary! What a pair you two make! Hope you are going out to celebrate! You received some lovely postcards, and the one you are sending is beautiful! Your stocking is awfully cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sheila happy anniversary to you and Bill,43 yrs thats awesome and those postcards sure are pretty,enjoy your day my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on 43 years! and what great postcards! I have mine finished, but need to get it in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow !!! Happy Anniversary to you and hubby. That is a gift in itself 43yrs together :0)
    Great post cards and once again you have me thinking that I should go and at least touch the wool pieces I picked up to stitch with. I may have to make a list for the new year of new things to try and do.
    have a great date night with hubby
    in stitches

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Sheila.Lovely snowflake cards. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you had a lovely anniversary Sheila, 43 years is an awesome achievement. Neat to see the postcards too, those snowflakes are helping to cool me down over here!! And such a cute little stocking :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Sheila that is a good reason to be happy and I wish you and your DH many more happy years together!
    That cards are gorgeous!
    Happy Holliday Season,
    Bente

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Sheila!!!! That's quite a milestone - you should be very proud of yourselves :) Love those snowflake postcards - gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Anniversary! You are blessed to be happily married for so many years. Lovely postcards. It's always a marvel to see what talented people can do with a 4X6 piece of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on your Anniversary. Those post cards are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sheila! WOW - 43 years... congratulations and best wishes my dear friend!!
    The postcards are very beautiful!
    Hugs, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  19. Estes flocos de neve tão bonitos... São trabalhos com técnicas diferentes mas os dois são muito delicados. A botinha é um enfeite alegre e criativo.
    Parabéns pelos 43 anos de vida com o seu marido! Isto é lindo! Desejo muitos outros anos de felicidade, alegria e companheirismo a vocês dois!
    Um abraço carinhoso!

    These snowflakes so beautiful ... They are works with different techniques but the two are very delicate. The bootie is a lively and creative embellishment.
    Congratulations on 43 years of life with her husband! This is beautiful! I wish many more years of happiness, joy and companionship to both of you!
    A warm hug!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on your anniversary Sheila, that is a wonderful achievement! Lots of lovely postcards and the stocking is gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete