Saturday, April 10, 2010

A completed top

I am happy to say that I have finally finished my Louisa top , it was slow going for me , not that it was that difficult to make but I kept getting side tracked and when that happens it is sometimes hard to go back .I pushed myself yesterday to complete those borders .The pattern called for just the large floral but I added that very narrow dark border to break it up as I found things to be a little on the busy side . Since this was a kit I didn't have a lot of extra fabric to choose from and didn't really want to go buying any either so I had just enough to make this border and I am pleased with how that looks . Now comes the hard part getting it quilted , that will not happen for a while as I would like to have it hand quilted and I have a stack of quilts that also need doing , I probably shouldn't be admitting that huh!
Hope you are having a great day .
Posted by Picasa


  1. This is so beautiful. Wonderful job.

    What we quilting bloggers need are good old fashioned quilting bees. Think of the quilts we all could get done. We get together to make quilts, but not to complete them. Just a thought.


  2. Looks great. Love what you did with the narrow border. I agree with Jilly about having good old fashioned quilting bee's. Hug's Jeanette

  3. I love the quilt! It's awesome!

  4. Well done! It's just beautiful! :0)