Yesterday when I was at Frencies I also picked up a twin size sheet made by Laura Ashley , a soft green print in a nice cotton that I thought would be perfect to make a much needed cover for my ironing board . Here is what it looked like before the new cover , I think you will agree a new one was well overdue . Pretty sad state huh !
So I proceeded to make a pattern for the cover by inverting the ironing board and drawing around it on some newsprint and after it was drawn I cut it out and pinned it on the sheet , easy enough right .
Then once it was cut out I serged all around and then measured around the ironing board and cut elastic just a little better than half that measurement and zigzaged it on .Now to hold it firmly I used some of those clips for sheets on your bed which work really well but it really would have stayed with the elastic I sewed on, this just makes it a little smoother so here is the result and I am really pleased , at least something in my sewing space looks neat and clean ;-) and it only took about 30 minutes to acheive , how is that for results !