Saturday, December 10, 2011

FNSI Report and a finish

I decided to take part in the FNSI  , this is only my second time taking part but I knew I would be sewing so thought what the heck I might as well join the very large group of dedicated participants . I worked on the Row by Row quilt , I took a couple of days off because of my shoulders so it was still waiting to have the binding sewn down , I had started and had one side done , well I am now on the home stretch with just half of one side left to do , yeah , I see a light at the end of this tunnel .
You can see the corner of a gingerbread man well once I get past him it will be complete . Then I must sew on some buttons ,may consider doing those on the machine to save time and energy .
 I also finished this table topper which I am really pleased with and will definitely make more of these with different appliques.
We had a wild storm here on Thursday , high winds up to at least 90 km. and lots of heavy rain as well , it did get colder as the day went on and I was busy in the kitchen and looked out and saw what I thought was ice broken up on the deck but with further inspection it was our patio table , it had exploded into a million pieces , nothing larger than a quarter , what a mess ,it was old so I guess the wind took it by surprise as that has sat there for a long time and the wind generally just goes under and over it without any problem . Surprisingly we did not loose power , I kept expecting that to happen so stayed away from the computer for most of the day .
 I'm off now to get a few groceries and possibly a few gifts although it is not the best time to shop , busy , busy .
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day . hugs Sheila

15 comments:

  1. Your RBR is looking really good.

    Gorgeous tree skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your table topper it looks like a lot of work.
    We have had horrible weather here as well, fence panels down broken glass, rubbish all over the place. Not nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table topper is beautiful, Sheila.
    Did I see it right; have you joined the "Building houses from scraps" project, the other Jeanneke started here in The Netherlands? Will be great fun sharing with hundreds of "builders" from all over the world!

    Cheers!

    Jeanneke.
    http://dezondagssteek-jeanneke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work. The table topper is awesome.
    Great FNSI.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you accomplished quite a lot. Your table topper is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your trees and table topper are beautiful! Sorry to hear about your table and thank goodness you/your house are okay with that much wind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the topper. mmm wonder if i'd have time to get one done before Xmas. :) lol Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your shoulder is much better now Sheila... will be so good when the RBR is done.. it is lovely and the table topper is just perfect... just lovely.... happy shopping!! I have heard the glass tables can shatter like that... thank goodness no one was hurt
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is amazing about the table, you will probably find glass for years to come....

    ReplyDelete
  10. both are really lovely projects! Thanks for stopping over at my blog and joining the giveaway! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love those little trees and the gingerbread person peeking out of the side!
    the table topper is lovely-I love the basic colours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice projects! Sorry about your patio table. What a mess to clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many beautiful treasures. The Nativity is beautiful! Gorgeous topper!!

    ReplyDelete