Monday, December 19, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

We had a lovely snowfall yesterday , soft gentle flakes that looked like a snowglobe , it was beautiful .
We received at least 10 cm. of the white stuff and I am thrilled as I love a white Christmas , sure hope it stays around , we are suppose to have rain tomorrow so fingers crossed it doesn't happen. It is suppose to get colder in the afternoon tomorrow , dropping to -8 C. so nothing will melt with those temps. 
I finally have the house decorated , took me several days to finish up , just one of those years. Here is what it looks like in the evening when the lights are on , it isn't easy to take a picture of  the room with the lights on ,I am sure it is camera operator ,not the camera ;-0
I have some special ornaments I'd like to share , first off is this angel that our son Chad brought back from Switzerland for me , he knows I love angels .
And a clown for his Dad as he was a Shriner clown for years .
This photo is a little fuzzy , camera operator again :-) , notice the really sweet paper ornament next to the clown ,my friend Susanne from Denmark sent that last year along with a couple of others , just love those ornaments.
Here is the other side of the room with the nativity set , I have to say I love the house at Christmas , it is very warm and cozy and makes me feel good.
 I recently received these sweet little angels from my friend Susanne and thought they would look special beside this vintage Swedish ornament with candles and angels .Thank you Susanne. She also sent me a really cool new notion which I will share later on . The mail lady just arrived and I have three packages to open so will share that later as well. Thanks for stopping by for a visit and hope your Christmas preparations are coming along well , enjoy your day. 
Hugs Sheila

16 comments:

  1. Very pretty tree |Sheila...the snow looks so pretty. We have absolutely none!!!! I want the roads to stay bare...but a little snow would be so much more like Christmas...fingers are crossed, but it's not in the forecast. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tree, the ornaments, angels and the SNOW... I'd love to have a white Christmas here, but that's not sure yet.
    And I've found and bought the Jim Shore nativity star!
    You can see the nativity set and star on my blog.
    Merry Christmas.
    Blessings,

    Jeanneke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your christmas decorating looks beautiful.
    Belated birthday wishes!!
    Hope you had a lovely day.
    Enjoy that snow....we are expecting a temp of 30 degrees for Christmas day-looks like we will be cooking as well as the turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks so beautiful.... inside and out!! Have a wonderful Christmas....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. it all looks absolutely wonderful - I am a bit jealous of the snow- it should be warm over here but it is grey and overcast and rainy instead. if you can't have a snowy Christmas you should at least get pool weather!!! Your ornaments are goegeous - so much more special when they came from family and friends I think!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheila your house looks so pretty and cosy,merry xmas.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love fresh untouched snow - it is so pretty. We are just having rain and wind here.
    Your tree and house look wonderful and cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty tree! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hosue looks beautiful Sheila and as you said so warm and cosy. Loved seeing the snow as well. Still find it amazing that I am sitting here in shorts and t shirt and you have to waer your winter woolies. Beautiful Angel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your house looks lovely. Send some snow (or cold air) down here. It's entirely too warm to be almost Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The snow looks very Christmassy and you house looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your home looks beautiful and the ornaments are gorgeous. The snow looks beautiful too, but I'm not too sure about the cold temperatures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful tree, Sheila. Your house looks so warm and cozy and inviting! My favorite of the ornaments you showed is the paper ornament...amazing! Anyway, hope you have a very blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sheila,
    That snow looks so cold.. Like Marina we are expecting temperatures in the love thirties for Christmas Day.. We will have to fight for the air con!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Christmas is sure to be a success with your wonderful decorations.
    Snow - ...I would love!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your house looks so pretty!!! I love your header! Merry Christmas to you and your family, Sheila!

    ReplyDelete