Sunday, October 5, 2014

How about a quilt show or maybe two :-)

Yes I have had the good fortune to attend not one but two amazing quilt shows recently , the first was in Antigonish about 40 minutes from here and the most recent was on Friday in Mahone Bay , wow what a lovely display of unique quilts and a quaint town  . Since I have a lot of photos to share I will start today with Antigonish , a lovely show in a beautiful church right on main street Antigonish .

 The great thing about a quilt show in a church is the availability of pews to display the quilts , there is a negative to this also as sometimes you wish you could see more of the quilt . This is just one side of the church , the church was completely filled with gorgeous quilts .  Now for some individual quilts .

This gorgeous log cabin took my eye straight away .
Since we are in Scottish territory we have these lovely Celtic knot blocks .
Lovely quilt
The snowball block used a little differently .
A hand applique quilt , there were a few hand applique quilts all so beautifully done , such skill .
I believe this is called brides bouquet , so soft and pretty .
This was a smaller quilt , not quite what Linda Hubbard would call a mini quilt but never the less small and gorgeous .
More hand applique and you can see a second one beside it on the other side of the pew .
I couldn't get a decent picture of this one but it was so cute , all snowmen in the different seasons and all hand embroidered , I loved it !!

These blocks were no more than 6" , oh my it was incredible .
Stunning .
What baby wouldn't love this quilt :-)
This homespun quilt was one I loved and then realized why , I had seen Lesley post her quilt made with this pattern just recently , gorgeous. I was happy to have spent some time with Lesley at the show as she was traveling through to New Brunswick . There was a little too much light filtering in so the picture is a little washed out .
More houses , a pattern by Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts , love it !
This one by Carolyn Hudson was my favorite quilt at the show , I believe it is an original pattern by Carolyn , just so beautiful and masterfully created . Carolyn who has won for her work internationally had several quilts at this show , each one beautiful.

This one had amazing quilting . 
 I loved this landscape quilt too , sorry I sort of cut off the border , I was trying to get a close up of the work to study it .
This one of Anne of Green Gables was a winner too , I have this pattern in my stash since , gee I don't know how many years but seeing it made has sort of spurred me to get it out and make it . 
I think I have kept you long enough , I will share the Mahone Bay show later on and I hope you enjoyed this show , I know I did . 
 Thanks for stopping by today and enjoy this lovely fall day .
 hugs Sheila

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilts. Thankyou for sharing them. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the quilt pics - not quite as good as being there in person, but lovely just the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely quilts... so inspiring..
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sheila thankyou for sharing these awesome quilts,they are amazing.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!! I think of you whenever I see a landscape quilt. I was hoping to meet up with Lesley, but it didn't work out. Can't wait to see your favorites from Mahone Bay. I took quite a few pictures, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a feast for the eyes. Thank you for sharing Sheila. Of course I adore the "Anne girl" quilt xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful quilts. I love how they are displayed. The Anne of Green gables quilt is really nice. I hope you get to work on it.
    Valspiersews

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW - so many wonderful quilts!!!
    Thanks for sharing, dear Sheila...
    Hugs
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  9. That red and blue log cabin is glorious and lots of beautiful appliqué too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Sheila - what a brilliant collection of lovely quilts. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhh!!! Quantas colchas!!! Todas lindas!!!! Incrível!
    Obrigada por mostrar!
    Um abraço!
    Ohhhh !!! How many quilts !!! All beautiful!!!! Incredible! !!
    Thank you for showing!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful quilts in both posts, thank you for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for sharing with us since I could not be there it is the next best thing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You really have had an inspirational time lately! Lovely quilts!! I love that Anne quilt too - seeing a pattern we already have reminds us why we bought it in the first place!

    ReplyDelete