Thursday, October 16, 2014

`Some finishes and some wonderful mail

Since I haven't shown many finishes lately I will start off with two small finishes . First off I had bought this pattern last year with great intentions to make it before Halloween but alas all my plans fell through  but better late than never I suppose . I'd like you to meet Miss Froggy :-)

The name of this little frog pattern is Spell Gone Bad and is from Bloomin Minds . Next I decided  this kit had sat on my shelf long enough and  that it was time to stitch it up and I am happy to have it completed .
This is an Applepatch design and can you guess the name , haha yep it is Apples . A fun little pattern to make . 
 Now for the fun part , my yummy mail . As you know I have been having a postcard exchange here on my blog and I do hope that everyone has mailed off their postcards by now if not please do so as soon as possible , I know we all have things in life that can slow us down for various reasons so if you are late please let your partner know . Thanks . Anyway back to the business at hand , I had two partners in this swap , Susan who sent me the owl which you can read about here and Eglea whose lovely card arrived this week . 

Isn't it stunning , a tree with lots of leaves falling , just perfect for fall , Eglea is so clever , I just love how she has done the leaves as well as the tree and the ground below the tree , hey I love everything about it . Thanks so much Eglea !!Here is the postcard I sent to her . 
 I borrowed this photo from Eglea's blog since the photo I have is different , I added some different elements to it before sending it off .  Incase you don't recognize it , this is my interpretation of my header , the blueberry fields in Glencoe . Thanks so much Eglea for swapping with me , it has indeed been a pleasure . 
 Before I go I must share a photo of more blueberry fields that I took on the weekend . 

and this one that shows part of the field has changed but still some green poking through .
This looked like a flower garden to me , love it !! Now how about some water to calm your soul .
I am thrilled with this photo that the ripples are showing up so well and I was just using my little point and shoot Canon camera , got to love that camera . 
 Enjoy your day , you won't get this one again so make the most of it doing something you love . Thanks for stopping by I love to have your visits .
 hugs Sheila 

18 comments:

  1. Giggled at the 'Poof' and sweet apple runner. Gorgeous postcards sent and received.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little apple quilt! The postcards are fantastic, I hope I can participate next time, although my talent doesn't compare to the others that I'm seeing. And I'll never tire of photos from you area. I'm ready to come back!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning postcards, delicious apple quilt and, oh my, what a wonderful world you live in! Amazing... the pictures too.
    Thanks for sharing all the beauty!
    Cheers,

    Jeanneke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sheila love your frog and apples and your postcard is gorgeous as is the one sent to you and as always love the nature pics that you take.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun quilts and congrats on your finishes!! I love your photographs, they are so peaceful and it's so neat to see the seasons change. Great postcards all around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your little hangings, and isn't that postcard lovely! Beautiful pics.....autumn is the loveliest time of the year for colour. I would live in autumn all year round if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sweet little hangings. Miss Froggy is so cute. Love seeing photo's of where you live. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Poof with the Frog, very comical. Those post cards are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOl...Sheila, that frog is way too cute!!! but your postcards are stunning...love them

    ReplyDelete
  10. The thread painted tree is stunning! Love your blueberry fields too. I saw them looking like that when in NS a couple of falls ago. I hope to pay enough attention to get in on the next postcard swap.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sheila,
    I love your Miss Froggy!! :) The apple quilt and the postcards are fantastic too!! Thanks for the amazing pictures - you live in a beautiful world!
    Hugs
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful finishes, Sheila!! Fun and festive. I recognized your postcard right away. You did an excellent job recreating your header. Elgea's postcard to you is gorgeous!! Thanks for providing a link to her blog. I'm going to check out all of her other beautiful work. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Poof frog gave me my first smile of the day :) Love it! And the Apples quilt is really cute. Way to go on those finishes!!!! Such artistic postcards too - it must be amazing to open something like that in the mail and know it is yours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous postcards... Cute little apple quilt .

    Love seeing your beautiful part of the world...

    ReplyDelete
  15. your frog made me laugh... so fun... the postcards are great.. it has been fun seeing the different inspiring ones around..... lovely colours and pictures...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your finishes are great Sheila - the frog is such fun and I love 'Apples'. Eglea's card is stunning - just the perfect depiction of autumn and beautifully executed, as ever! Love your card too but am bowled over by the pictures of blueberry fields - I have never seen anything like it! Have a good weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your Apples project and all the postcards are amazing. Love your photos....glorious! I don't get fall colours where I live in the sub-tropics.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute, cute projects! Love them both. And your postcard from Eglea is just amazing! Yours is too. I saw a gorgeous red field on my drive home from Amherst the other day.

    ReplyDelete