Thursday, October 2, 2014

October finish

I seriously can't believe October has arrived , what happened to September ? I am so happy to have an early finish for this month , the fact it has taken several months to make doesn't matter at all today , I am over the top happy with this quilt , my Good Night Irene is finished , yeah!!!

I have draped it over the railing on the deck since my clothes line is filled right now , must take advantage of the sunshine . I kind of like the fall colours in the background here anyway . I know I have said it before but I loved making this quilt and couldn't be happier with how it turned out . Here it is tucked in one of our maple trees .
 Also I want to share the label that one of our members made for all the quilts that are being donated to the Veterans , thanks so much Jeanne .
Thanks to Terry for hosting this QAL ,it was lots of fun and I think I will make another one like this :-)
The field next to us was not cut for the second time as it normally is so we have some pretty grasses that have turned a beautiful colour .
See the little patch in the middle there , really pretty .
Since I am in the mood for fall I decorated a tea towel yesterday in oak leaves and acorns .
I found this applique in the fall addition of Primitive Quilts , it is part of a quilt but I think it is perfect to decorate a towel :-) 
I have a couple of other projects in the wings but haven't gotten pictures taken so you will see those at a later date. 
How is everyone coming along with their postcards ? I hope most have now been mailed and maybe even received .
Yesterday I received two lovely postcards , one from Annette and one from Pauline 
These swirling leaves arrived from Saskatchewan and were created by Annette  , thanks so much Annette , I love it !
This lovely card traveled all the way from the UK and was created by Pauline , isn't it lovely , thanks so much Pauline , I love it !!
Since I know Susan has received my postcard I will show you what I sent .
A pounded leaf postcard , maple leaves from my trees that I pounded then stitched . A fun technique , I also used some colour pencils to give them a little colour . The postcard I have sent off to Eglea has not yet arrived , it has a long way to travel but hopefully will arrive very soon .
 I am off now to do some laundry , take care and thanks so much for taking the time to stop by .
 Hugs Sheila

23 comments:

  1. A lovely quilt and what a great label. Love seeing all the postcards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Sheila
    your quilt looks lovely ... awesome job !!
    glad you liked my little post card.
    in stitches

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is gorgeous Sheila!!!! and you have lovely post cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt is fabulous - no wonder you are pleased with it! The blue of the border is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful to see your beautiful finished Irene! Love the border that you put on - I didn't think of that with mine! The postcards are gorgeous too and it is lovely seeing your Autumn countryside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, what happened to September! I love October weather so it's okay. Your quilt is beautiful and the label adds to it. I just subscribed to Primitive Quilts so I look forward to seeing the designs like your acorn. Love the towel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Irene is beautiful! From the very beginning I loved your scrappy version! Thanks for sewing along with us! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the quilt - I must make one of these. Glad you liked your postcard

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quilt is lovely. Fabulous label. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great quilt pattern, and a worthy cause too. Love those pretty post cards, autumn colours are so beautiful......I see yours are starting......when grass turns that golden colour here it's because of lack of rain. not a season change, and it's quite gold now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilt is lovely Sheila. Goodnight Irene is a perfect name for a pattern going to veterns. I can picture some elderly gentleman being so cozy under the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Irene is beautiful. I can see why you are pleased. Such lovely Autumn colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. well done on your finished quilt. It is very beautiful, I love the border fabric too.
    lovely colours of autumn happening in your neck of the woods.
    I can't believe it's october either!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love seeing all the beautiful postcards. I really must join next time. And I'm sorry I missed out on Goodnight Irene. Yours is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, any solder will be touched to have this lovely quilt. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A great finish on the quilt Sheila and I love the label. What a perfect place to photograph your quilt and what a lovely view. You have received some gorgeous postcards. Mine are in front of me as I am about to walk up to the postbox - got a little delayed this time. Have a good weekend. Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW, Sheila - your quilt ist gorgeous - I love it!!
    Have a great weekend
    Hugs
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  18. Goodnight Irene turned out beautifully! Love the postcards too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your good night irene quilt is gorgeous, it looks lovely on the fence. Beautiful postcards too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. How awesome to see you this morning! What a sweet surprise if only for a minute. Made my day! Hope you had a great time today. Your Irene is fabulous and will be very welcomed by one of our amazing Canadian soldiers. Great label! You received some wonderful postcards. Thanks so much for organizing this swap. I received mine from Pauline yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just gorgeous, Sheila!! I just love all those postcards. Your swap is always so enjoyed by everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm not surprised you are pleased with the quilt... it is lovely... and great postcards too...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  23. Esta é uma grande colcha! Admiro muito as pessoas que fazem ests grandes peças! Esta é muito bonita e vai também aquecer um coração. Que bonito este trabalho!
    Você ganhou lindos cartões. Paciência para esperar o cartão que eu enviei. Como você diz "é uma longa viagem" . :)))
    O cartão que você me enviou chegou hoje! Acabei de escrever um email para você!
    Ele é tão lindo! Estou muito feliz!
    Um abraço!

    This is a great quilt! I greatly admire people who do ests large pieces! This is very beautiful and will also warm a heart. That this beautiful work!
    You won beautiful cards. Patience to wait for the card I sent. As you say "it's a long trip." :)))
    The card you sent me arrived today! I just wrote an email to you!
    It is so gorgeous! I am very happy!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete