Thursday, August 27, 2015

Another quilt show to share

Last Friday myself and three other ladies headed off to Bible Hill to a quilt show and sale at St. Davids church .It was a beautiful show and I was really pleased to see so many hand quilted quilts . Let the show begin ...
Doesn't it look pretty with all those gorgeous colourful quilts draped over the pews . Lots of admires :-)





 This was one of three whole cloth quilts  , incredible quilting , those stitches are super tiny .


This scrappy goodness became my favorite at the show , I will show a better picture of this later .








This picture does not do it justice , it was a three colour log cabin , all hand quilted and was just $500 , a real bargain I thought . They had the option for visitors to ask to see a quilt on the bed they had set up so we asked to see this one and this next quilt , both are stunning quilts .
I just loved this quilt , such an old fashion flare yet a bit modern too . It is called Film Strip . 
 So that is all the photos I have to share , they did have a lovely tea with cookies and some smaller items for sale in the basement of the church . Thanks to Joan for providing the transportation , it was a fantastic day . Oh we also went shopping in the town of Truro at Atlantic Fabrics and of course we didn't comeout empty handed infact I was thrilled to find a FM foot to fit my vintage singer , yeah !! 
 Thats it for me today , I do have some sewing to share but I have kept you long enough , hope you enjoyed this little show . Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a super creative day .
 hugs Sheila

16 comments:

  1. I love quilt shows in churches - just seems the right setting. Lots of wonderful eye candy and thank you for sharing. I love the idea of a bed to lay out the quilts, too - that has been stored away for possible use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was a nice show. There were several quilts I really loved, especially the one with the black background. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Lots of quilty goodness. Yes, that scrappy Filmstrip quilt calls my name, too! It would make a great future leader endear project. Glad you got out with your 'other' quilting buddies! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those are some wonderful quilts.... you must tell me more about the foot you found..... is it a straight or slanted foot might it also work for the 301a singer..... yup I got it :0)
    in stitches

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so beautiful! What a lovely day out. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous quilts......I like them all, but specially the pale stars on a deep blue background as I have a soft spot for star quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh how nice, Sheila!! I only got to one quilt show this summer, and for a quick visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing these gorgeous quilts and it was a beautiful venue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sew many gorgeous quilts... Love the way they are displayed in the church.. My DD wants to make a Film Strip Quilt one day with Star Wars etc fabrics...

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like a wonderful display of beautiful work. The location is spectacular too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful show with such gorgeous quilts! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely display of quilts. Such a great day

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful show with so many stunning quilts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. There are many beautiful quilts! A great exhibition! The latter is beautiful!
    Thank you for sharing!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's great to see the quilts Sheila, so many lovely ones...thanks for sharing the photos :-)

    ReplyDelete