Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Let's Book it , a flimsy and some fun mail

Bet you are surprised to see me back here so quickly . Well I remembered this is the end of august and time to report on my Let's book it project . I had been a little slack in reporting on this the last while but I have made progress . For today is will share the block I completed this month .

 Kind of a dark photo , we have had some dull days lately although today is gorgeous . The one I completed has the little circles applique around it . Almost time to start sewing the blocks together 😊 Thanks to Sharon for keeping us on track each month to use those books and patterns we have sitting on our shelves.
 Next I'd like to share some special mail I received a few days back , a sweet summery postcard from Selina,  thanks so much Selina,  I love it .

Isn't it cute ☺
I am determined to finish up some ufos so this week I have managed to complete the second Frozen quilt top,  this one will go to my granddaughter Elise.  Sophia loves hers which makes me happy. 

It looks pretty much the same as the first one with the exception that i didn't piece her name into the border.  I did cut out letters to applique them on but now I am not so sure I want them on , will contemplate for a while before I decide . 
Today I am working on the braid border for the mystery quilt I started quite some time ago with Kaaren Johnston of the Painted Quilt . I love this quilt so was feeling bad that it has been sitting for so long . I have the braids made now so time to stitch them on so off I go to do just that .
 Thanks for stopping by today , hope you are enjoying your day .
 Hugs Sheila 

11 comments:

  1. Great to see what you are working on Sheila, Elise will be so excited with her quilt! Very cute postcard :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheila ,love the postcard,its very cute and wow your quilt for your GD is gorgeous,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blocks, cute postcard and your GD is going to love her quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sweet summer postcard. That is such a fun girlie quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute summer postcard! I bet the Frozen quilt be loved to death too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card Sheila - nice to see your work and that the FRozen quilt is coming along. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're going to be able to open a museum with all the postcards you've acquired! You coul do a postcard show! You received another delightful one to add to your collection. Pretty block, too! Enjoy your day! Stay sweet! XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice block, Sheila....your postcard collection is wonderful!!!! So nice to have all these memories. Love Frozen....I have a panel I'm about to machine quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the block & the quilt. The postcard is so cute. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. such fun projects...love the postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The postcard is adorable and your projects are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete