Friday, February 4, 2011

Crazy Quilting Friday

I'm still tackling that drawer and I'm puzzled , I haven't added anything but it sure isn't going down either ;-) I found a few more of these tea cups so decided that made a nice focal point and pulled out some purples , yellows and greens and where ever they fit that is where they were sewn , you see there is a real science to making these blocks ;-) I did sew on some old tatting that I have , it is from an old box we bought at an auction years ago and it is so delicate and pretty that I thought it would look nice on this rather dainty block . Thanks to Betsy of Quilting Fiesta for hosting this weekly event .
It is a cold but sunny day here with only a few flurries forecast so that is a relief , I think we have enough snow for a while . Have a great day and thanks for stopping by. Hugs, Sheila
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. Hi Sheila,
    I think this is a particularly lovely block. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your crazy quilting blocks. This one is quite lovely!!

    Hugs and stay warm! It's very bitter today here too. Going to spend the day with my mom for her birthday:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Block is stunning Sheila ! What a beautiful start for a nice table topper .... Hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this block soo much Sheila. I think you know someone who loves MAUVE & purples. Wouldn't she(dianne) oh did I say that... would love it. Silly me.!!Thanks for your coment on my blog. You give me soo much encouragement . Blessings: That mauve lover??????????????????????/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheila, I love this color scheme. this one is by far my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous block Sheila. You must of made it for me. :) The colours & fabrics go so well together. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so pretty with the teacup! We are getting more snow tomorrow- not sure if I heard rain or snow for you.

    Enjoy your weekend,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete