Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Some mail and some sewing for WIP Wednesday

It  is another delightful summer day here on the East Coast , the sun has been shining for most of the day and the breeze is just beautiful to keep the temperatures at a nice level. I was pleasantly surprised to find a package from Karen of KaHolly  in my mailbox today  . Inside were these beautiful handmade cards by Karen , I love them and they are pretty enough to frame. Thanks so much Karen :-)
I made another postcard , this one is for a swap that must include the use of a vintage hankie, I had this one on hand but it really was not in the best condition but one corner was better than the rest so this is what I came up with .
The corners were an open design that looks like a butterfly . I went in search of hankies but no luck so I guess this one will have to do . I am a little concerned about this going through the machine so may pop it into an envelope just to be safe.
 On Monday I had a hankering to make a tote , inspired by several bags on pinterest I set out cutting and sewing fabrics together to create this bag.

I added the vintage coaster that has the most delicate crochet , it was fun to create . I brought it along yesterday to quilting at the church and a visitor popped in to see how we were getting along with her quilt and the lady with her asked if she could buy the tote so I agreed . Here she is proudly displaying her new bag.
In the background you can see one of the quilts we are currently working on .
I am linking up today to the Needle and ThreadNetwork for WIP Wednesday , why don't you take a look to see what others have been up to this week.  
 Thanks for stopping by and have yourself a great day .
 hugs Sheila

16 comments:

  1. How nice to have your bag so admired that someone had to buy it on the spot! It looks good on her. :)

    Another great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great works Sheila..I loved that bag too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely postcard Sheila and congratulations on selling your bag

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha... she was lucky you were in a mood to let your lovely bag go...
    I go to the post office with my postcards and get them stamped and then slip them into a celophane packet to go in the mail.... then they are stamped and protected
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so welcome, Sheila. Your postcard is just lovely. I'd protect it somehow, too. I mailed mine the other day. I was wondering if the stamp would stay on. Love that bag! Now you'll have to make yourself another!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of lovely things to look at; the postcard looks delicate and pretty, and the notecards and bag make people want them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sheila,i love your vintage postcard you did so well with coming up with that and that bag is gorgeous,i can see why it sold so quick,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome bag! You're so creative...I can see why it jumped right out of your hands into the new owner's! Congrats! Your postcard is wonderful! And aren't Karen's notecards so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen's cards are gorgeous. I love them. Your postcard and bag are beautiful... well done on your sale.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those cards are definitely nice enough to frame..
    Love the Butterfly post card you made and how nice to have sold your bag.
    the lady looks very happy with her purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well that lady was in the right place at the right time :).... she sure looks happy to have a new tote
    in stitches

    ReplyDelete
  12. How nice of you to share your bag with her! I'm sure that you made her day :-) I like the vintage postcard.
    Enjoy your nice weather,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are having a lovely spell of weather here too at the moment - such a difference from last summer!
    The postcards you received are really lovely and would certainly look great framed :)
    I hope the sun continues to shine for you :))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a sweet little postcard and the bag is gorgeous, I can see why she wanted to buy it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Karen is so talented. I have gotten cards from her in the past.
    Your postcard is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete