Friday, March 27, 2015

A little progress

This seems to have been a slow month for me , but I am plugging away behind the scenes and have two small accomplishments to share . First off the March Bom from Bunnyhill Designs which are meant to be ornaments but I chose to make a mini quilt instead .
I love my sheep , it is wool as well as the snowman , the heart is a homespun as well as the border both from my scrap bag , yeah !
Next I finished the mystery BOM by Buttermilk Basin for March , these are such fun to make , quick and easy , wool on cotton .
The colours are a bit off , the beehive is much darker than it appears here . Wonder what the April block will be ? Thanks to Stacey for providing these blocks each month .
 I am working away on my Charming stars quilt when I get a minute , I can honestly say that machine quilting a large quilt is not my favorite thing to do , quite a challenge . I am making progress so I guess that is good news and I also have quite a bit done on my sampler that I am hand quilting , just one full row to go now , happy, happy !
 Well that is all from me today , hope the world is treating you right , have a wonderful day and thanks ever so much for stopping by.
 hugs Sheila

18 comments:

  1. These are lovely blocks, Sheila, makes me want to jump right in and make them myself!! Good news on the quilting front - it sounds like you are making good progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my soul, Sheila...those are so cute !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your new mini and your hive block looks great. gotta love the mix of wool and cotton.
    Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your mini & your block. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great sewing projects all around! I'm with you on not really liking machine quilting large quilts-it's rather exhausting! I hope that you get some warm weather your way this weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two lovely finishes Sheila. Yes I know about machine quilting a large quilt - I have almost vowed never to do it again! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both lovely little finishes..

    ReplyDelete
  8. it looks great as a mini quilt, great finish

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like you Bunny Hill mini. It has so much charm. Your queen bee hive is sweet; love that little bee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mini quilt is lovely! I love homespun, it gives such a warm and nice impression.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the little bee hive! What are you doing with those small ones? Quilting a quilt on a machine is a pile of work. I think we tend to make the stitching denser because it should be easier to do on the machine, which makes it twice as much work. But I bet you will be happy with the results when you are done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. sew cute! still on my list of to do's..... working with wool
    I keep seeing your projects and I get inspired to take it off the back burner and into my hands.
    thanks sew much for sharing and keeping me inspired

    ReplyDelete
  13. Slow and easy wins the race! Is that the correct saying? Your blocks are sweet. I look forward to seeing the next one. Machine quilting a larger quilt does take some time, and a lot of patience! Just work at it in small chunks of time and take lots of breaks. When you are finally finished, you'll be so pleased! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sheila, KaHolly told me about your blog and I came for a visit. I'm also doing the same Bunny Hill and Buttermilk Basin BOM. IM DOING MY Bunny Hill ones as blocks also, not sure if they will be a big quilt also.

    I'm also a member of the Facebook wool applique group and they have an ornament of the month freebie thanks to Trish Harriman of Attic Heirlooms. If you go to her shop you might be able to get both the March and April OOM free. She posts them for just w month.

    Nice to visit your blog, will check back again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your new snowman mini and the Buttermilk block is very beautiful!
    Your wool works are so cute, dear Sheila!
    Hugs, Deborah

    ReplyDelete