Thursday, June 27, 2013

postcard exchange and some mail

Good morning ,I hope all is well in your world . I have been thinking , sometimes not a good thing but just wondering if there would be interest in doing a postcard exchange , if you would let me know and if we get enough interest maybe we could exchange by the first of August , that would give you plenty of time to create your master piece. If you have never done a postcard before then you are missing out on a lot of fun , they are quick and easy to make and so fun to receive in the mail .  For a theme I thought flowers would be fun and since summer is in these parts flowers are on my mind and for those that are experiencing winter at this time it might be nice to put some bright cheery colors together and create a flower . What do you think ???
 I am in a yahoo exchange at the moment and yesterday I created this postcard, the theme was actually to use handdyed or painted  fabrics so this is what I came up with .
                             
A clematis flower , I downsized an applique pattern I had to fit the space and voila , a pretty flower .

 My mailbox was cheering yesterday as it was bulging with a package all the way from Haiku Hawaii , how great is that , wonder if I can fit in that package and ask to be returned to sender  ;-)
I won these gorgeous Mirror Ball Dot fabric by Michael Miller  in a blog hop . They were sent off to me by Mark Hordyszynski "The Mad Hatter of Maui" although I won them from Nanette , thanks so much to both of you for these wonderful colorful fabrics . What do you think I should make ? Oh the little folder is actually filled with all the swatches of this fabric line, so cool !!
 What am I up to day you might wonder , well I have just cut out all the pieces to make two aprons with Nova Scotia Tartan , this was a request by a lady who was given one of my aprons as a gift and she intends on giving these as gifts . I will give you an update as I get them constructed :-)
 I am a little sad today as my granddaughter Alyssa is graduating from school and I would so love to be there to see her cross that stage , all the best Alyssa , we are so proud of you and we  love you !! Here is a picture of her with  her prom date recently , she is a gorgeous young lady .
                                             
                                        Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day .
                                                                Hugs Sheila

16 comments:

  1. I`d be up for a little postcard swap although I don`t think I can make something as beautiful as your clematis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila, your grandaughter is beautiful , congratulations to her. I love the postcard too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grand daughter is lovely...congrats to her.

    Love the post card and fun mail...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice postcard and your win is neat. Alyssa's prom picture is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute postcard. Alyssa is a beautiful young lady. Hugs,xx.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, Sheila, I guess I could give it a try! You'd have to direct me to a good tutorial. Sorry you can't be with your granddaughter. You are right, she is a beauty. I see the apple doesn't fall from from tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous post card Sheila you are amazing the work you do and congrats on your lovely win and yes our precious grandies grow up too fast,she is a stunning young lady.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your GD knows you love her I'm sure! Lovely photo too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Prom & Graduating already , seems like just yesterday & now she is a beautiful young lady !! I would love to participate in the postcard exchange Sheila ...just let me know... thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sheila, your grand daughter is beautiful...just like you! As for the post cards, gorgeous, but you won't get me in an exchange, giggle, I would rather make a quilt than try to make a postcard...the bar is raised too high with your fabulous work! I'll look forward to seeing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sheilla, Alyssa is a beautiful young woman. Congrats to her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your postcard is lovey and Alyssa is beautiful. Hugs Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes - I stillhave a postcard commitment to meet and I would love to join in with this also :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your postcard- and always keen to join you in a postcard swap

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm up for a postcard swap and it would be a nice summer challenge! What a lovely photo of your granddaughter-she looks like an awesome person with a nice smile. Tell her congrats for me,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Sheila: Thanks for participating in the Mirror Ball Dot Blog Hop. Congrats on being one of the prize winners! I am so pleased to see that two Nova Scotians won (Linda from Scrapmaster being the other). Look forward to seeing what you create with your fabrics!

    ReplyDelete