Sunday, September 5, 2010

Good bye Earl

Yesterday we got pounded with the force of Earl , thankfully by the time he reached our shores he was downgraded to a Tropical storm so although there were lots of power outages no major damage other than trees being toppled . The wind was rather fierce for a few hours and the rain came in sheets and we lost our power from around mid morning to 10 last evening which is no big deal when you don't have to worry about keeping warm ;-) So...... what does a person do on a day like yesterday , well if you know me you would know I hate to have idle hands but without power my options were limited and since I am not a real great Girl Scout with things prepared I had to come up with a plan . I had been thinking about this little stitchery pattern by Kaaren at The Painted Quilt , I knew I had printed it off and it was somewhere but where ? Well I did manage to find it and then since I couldn't use my light box to trace it, the patio door did the trick and after it was all traced I sat down in a comfortable spot and started stitching , the light was not the best but I did manage to get a little done and it helped to fill in time while Earl hung around . Thanks to Kaaren I had something to do :-) Have a great day and hope the sun is shining where ever you are .
Sheila

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sheila, What do you trace the image on to the fabric with ? Do you use carbon paper ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another new project Sheila? :) lol. Looks great. How are you going to finish it off? Hugs, Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheila, it looks great. I did one too from Karen but I enlarged it so now I need to quilt it. I will send a picture when I get done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheila, I'm so happy that Earl has taken his leave and that he didn't leave you wish too much mess! It looks like you put your time without any power to very good use...that's an adorable stitchery that you're working on!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are fine and Earl has gone on his way....
    Your stitchery looks great
    have a wonderful week..
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete