Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tuesdays Treasures and a Finish

For this weeks Tuesdays Treasures hosted by Clare I would like to share two of my favorite antique sewing machines , I have several but these two are perhaps my favorites .The one on the left is a Singer 99k which I believe they say is the same as the featherweight except it is in the case and doesn't have the bed that lifts up , the one on the right is an old toy sewing machine that my dear hubby bought for me at a flea market a few years back and the lady who was selling it told him her mother made her Christening gown on it , hard to believe but that is the story ,it is so precious and does work as does the 99 K .
Then we have my finish for today , this cute little wall hanging is called "Miss Witchy "and is a pattern from the most recent Fons and Porter magazine .I have made two so far but the second one needs to be quilted and bound , I wanted this one completed as we were babysitting yesterday for our two granddaughters so together we hung this up for the upcoming Halloween season. They thought it was really cute and even Elise who is just two said "I like it Gammie" .Nila's reaction was "Wow that is great , where should we put her?" We spent an absolutely wonderful day with the girls and to tell you the truth that is also a Treasure , one of the best kind !

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. The machines are great - I learnt to sew on something similar. Do you still work them at all?
    Miss Witchy must be a good witch - she looks very cute!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila, your machines look great and the wall hanging is delightful. Glad you were able to spend some precious times with your grandaughters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, the machine looks very nice! I just bought a faetherweigt last week. Whish you a lot of fun whit her!

    greetings, jeannet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love miss witchy! Nevermind halloween, I would put that on my wall any day of the year! (something I never mentioned in my emails, I have a witch tattoo on my back, I am a witch collector :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The machines look very nice. Love the witch. MMM wonder if that magazine is available here yet. Bet the day with the girls was fun. Hugs, Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely machines and that wallhanging is great ! Thanks so much for showing us and playing along .

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful sewing machines! I have always admired people who are able to revamp the old and make them into stunning displays like this, thankyou for sharing! I also love the little witch hanging! lol Your grandkids sound very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a lovely sewing machine....and wow to your wall hanging.....

    ReplyDelete