Sunday, October 10, 2010

My Sunday's Travels

I had the good fortune today to visit Cape Breton Island and this photo was taken in a place called Mabou Mines , a dirt road takes you down about 10km. to a wharf .I will share more pictures of this area with you tomorrow , the contrast of the ocean and the mountains is spectacular . I hope to make some landscape quilts from my pictures today and I love the fact the skies were gray and overcast it just brings out the colours in the mountains so much better . What do you think ?? I promise the pictures tomorrow are even more impressive . Thanks for stopping by .
Sheila
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely picture - it is such an arty skill to be able to see a picture like that and then imagine it converted to a quilt..... so looking forward to what you come up with...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks very interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete