Saturday, October 2, 2010

October Finish

The quilt guild I am a member of gave us a Christmas challenge at the September meeting . The rules were to use the fabric provided somewhere in the project and to use a book or magazine from our guild library and then present the finished project at our December meeting . So you probably are wondering what fabric was provided , well the answer is the fabric I used for Santa's bag as well as for the binding . This project is a design by Kim Van Rossum of Harbour Quilts here in Nova Scotia and was in the Canadian Quilter magazine in the winter 2007 issue . The pattern should have been enlarged by 50% but since my printer doesn't have that feature I decided to go with the smaller size using the pieces as they were in the magazine and this is the result .Nice to have that finished well before the deadline ;-) As always thanks for stopping by for a visit , I appreciate it so much .
Sheila
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. I hopped over here from Pinkpincushion, just to say that I loooooooooove stuffing my nose into my fresh-picked-off-the-line laundry too. Nothing like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. So cute. Hugs, Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely Sheila - I think that fabric has made such lovely interesting binding too!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Sheila you have done a fantastic job...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great Sheila, and the perfect size for a wall hanging x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is a really cute wall-hanging and am very envious that you are so well organised. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete