Thursday, October 28, 2010

Two finishes

As you know I am taking part in OPAM and the reason I signed up was to try to finish some UFO's that linger around here , sometimes I wonder where they have been all these years but suddenly they appear like this little tea pot , I had appliqued this a long.... time ago at least two years and it just sat as I had no idea what to do with it , the pattern and fabrics were from a shop hop I had taken part in while visiting Seattle , sorry have no idea what shop it was but they are all very nice there . Anyway as I was starting to say I came across this applique last week and thought I should do something with it so went with the easy route and made a potholder ,even found some left over binding to use so it really took no time at all and now I can say it is no longer a UFO ;-)
The second picture is not the best but it is of a second costume I made this one is also a dog but made with very stretchy polar fleece , I thought the polar fleece would be easier to work with and I guess in many ways it was ,certainly not messy like the fluffy dog but the stretch was not fun to work with . Now we have to get it to Elise by Sat. :-(
Also if you were to look at my OPAM finishes on my sidebar you would see a Christmas exchange listed , well I can't show you that project as it has to travel a long distance and can't be opened until Nov.29th so I won't be posting a picture until after that date .

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Lots happening over at your place....... stretchy fabric can be a nightmare!! Lovely idea for the kettle on the potholder - just perfect...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute teapot! I wonder where your Christmas exchange is traveling to? Since you said it travels a long long way I can think of one person it's not going to. :-) You do such beautiful work I can't wait to see what you created.

    ReplyDelete