Monday, October 18, 2010

My Weekend project

This first photo will show you a few of the workshop group very intently watching our instructor Deb Plestid as she demonstrated some incredible ideas for free motion quilting and thread painting our landscapes as well as other quilted projects , I could have watched her all day ,she made it look so easy ! In the lower picture you will see what I created for my fractured landscape , the photo that I used for the landscape is on the right and is of Mabou Mines and my interpretation of that photo in a fractured landscape is beside it , it is far from finished but with some practice on my free motion in the next little while I will tackle adding some embellishment in that manner . I will eventually share the finished project .

I will add that our weekend also included many great meals , they have an incredible chef who really does create delicious meals for all to enjoy . It was also fun to see what the other workshops were doing so I will share some of those finished projects as well tomorrow . With 80 women sewing and creating for two days the projects produced were incredible , some very impressive work .
Thanks for stopping by.
Sheila

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. That is wonderful work you are doing. I have never tackled a landscape ...its so like you photo...Well done!! What a great class to take.

    ReplyDelete