Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Are you ready for a postcard swap?


 I was thinking it might be time to do another postcard swap , what do you think ? I know several who took part in the last one expressed interest in doing another so maybe this would be a good time , we could do a fall theme if that suits everyone or maybe we don't need a theme just make whatever  creative idea comes into your head , what are your thoughts . I would like to do a sign up now and then have all postcards mailed before Oct. 15th , that should give everyone plenty of time to make a card . So if you are interested please let me know by commenting in this post and I will add your name . It might be best if you send me your address information by email as well , if you were in the last swap and want to participate then I already have your info so just let me know you want to take part again . Ok I just checked my sewing room and can not find the previous info so it might be easier for me if you just give me your info again , Name, address , email and blog if you have one so I can just copy and past to your partner , thanks , this will save me so much time ! Have I made that clear or is it clear as mud :-)
 I have made a few postcards recently ,none with fall themes ,but guess what ,I mailed them and forgot to take pictures except for this one .


A crazy patch postcard , with some added antique tatting and lace . I did one with shiva paint sticks which was a new techique to me which I enjoyed and will try that again , infact I do have another partly done so will show you that once it is completed. Not much sewing these past few days . 
Yesterday we were off to Halifax to a concert , Lynda Randle and Guy Penrod , WOW is all I can say , it was just amazing . I had watched them for years on the Gaither program and always loved them so when we seen it advertised we quickly ordered tickets and we are both so glad we did , it was worth the long drive and long day ,I didn't get home until close to midnight and I am one who goes to bed early  but if they ever came to the city again I would not hesitate to go  . I did feel sorry for Lynda as her mother passed away just a few days ago so she was having some moments as she was of course thinking about her and will be going home now to be with her family . She said her mother would want her to continue but it was emotionally difficult for her I am sure.
 Thanks for stopping by and be sure to let me know if you wish to take part , I think this will be a lot of fun !!
 hugs Sheila

15 comments:

  1. Great idea, Sheila. I'm in again. Your crazy patch is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes please Sheila. I am happy to join in again..

    Love your crazy postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Sheila, I'm hooked - please add my name to your list! The crazy patch is fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also.. so glad you enjoyed the concert. I know how you were looking so forward to it. Well worth the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so great that Lynda performed 'for her mother' and that you were able to attend. That's so sad for her. I'm glad you had a good time. I know you were looking so forward to it. I think I'm going to have to pass on the postcard swap this time around, but I'll watch for the next one, for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hiya, count me in for the swap...

    lovely to go off to a concert... I haven't heard o fthem so must look it up...

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like it was a wonderful concert. I'm not a post card maker, so won't participate, but I sure will have fun watching everyone else's creations! Love your crazy quilt postcard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never made postcards before but would like to give it a go, is it ok if I join in?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to join in, Sheila!
    I'll send you my info by e-mail.
    Cheers!

    Jeanneke.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love to be in again !! will email u my info ... thanks Sheila!!..Love your postcards!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to join in. I found this because of Raewyn. Is it okay if I'm in the US?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never made a postcard before, but I like to join.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a little late to the party but if you are still taking people in for the swap I would like to participate.

    ReplyDelete