Monday, September 2, 2013

UFO Report and some pretty mail

I am a little late again this month reporting my UFO's , as you can see by the number of posts last month I did not accomplish much for August , I was off enjoying the summer weather instead , winter is coming all too soon so I was more than happy to be out and about rather than behind my machine that is not to say I didn't miss it. So down to my report , my crazy quilt did grow a little I made some additional blocks and this is how it looks right now.
I made enough for another row plus this one lone block , I think I am going to increase the width of these rows , just a little too narow at present so that is one of my goals for Sept. I did nothing on the Christmas nine patch / snowball blocks , they have not inspired me enough to start stitching any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I did get some of the basket block sewn but not finished so I really had a rather sad month stitching wise. The only goal I reached was to make more blocks for my crazy patch and I did manage that.  I am linking up today to Carrie of A Passion for Applique
 On a brighter note I received this lovely postcard from Raewyn all the way from New Zealand , I love it and it is perfect for me,
A lovely fern and a maple leaf , very well made and don't you love the variegated stitching for the finishing edge !Thanks Raewyn.
 I best get started at some stitching before my fingers forget how to do it lol! Enjoy your day and thanks for stopping by .
 hugs Sheila

10 comments:

  1. Your blocks for the crazy quilt are growing....
    Raewyn's postcard is gorgeous. Great idea of the NZ fern and Canadian Maple leaf..
    I understand you wish to enjoy the nice weather while you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely you must enjoy the beautiful weather while you can. Winter will be here all too soon, with plenty of opportunities to sew. Lovely postcard that Raewyn sent. I'm making one for her today. See what you started??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely postcard, and so appropriate. Your crazy patches look cool. That will be an interesting quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love to see your crazy patch grow! Raewyn's postcard is gorgeous...perfect combination of the leaves from the two countries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your crazy patch quilt is looking beautiful. lots of lovely colours. And Raewyn's postcard is lovely. Hugs Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sheila, it was great to swap cards...and yes, more are in the pipeline!!! Perfectly understandable to enjoy the summer while you can, but at least you got a litle sewing done. The crazy patch quilt is growing well and looks like a great way to use some scraps. It is going to be a fascinating quilt when it is done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The crazy blocks are looking great. Nice postcard. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. your blocks look great all laid out there... and lovely postcard ...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. your crazy quilt is growing nicely Sheila and love the postcard yu received,have a lovely day my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sheila the post card is amazing. I have the supplies now I just need to make one. Your crazy quilt is coming along nicely

    ReplyDelete