Friday, April 29, 2011

Crazy Quilting Friday and a Finish

This week I made two blocks to make up for last week and I really love both of them, both softer colors in spring shades . Thanks to Betsy of Quilting Fiesta for hosting this event each week , why don't you join us!
  I also finished this cute little bag a pattern byAtkinson Designs called Zippy Strippy , such fun to make and so cute . My friend Linda was kind enough to share her bali prints for this bag and they sure are gorgeous ! Thanks so much Linda you're so kind. I can see me making more of these as they would make lovely gifts .
 Tomorrow I am off to a workshop ,what kind of workshop you might be asking , well it is a Free Motion Machine Quilting workshop , this is a whole new ballgame for me, I have done some very simple free motion but nothing like we are going to attempt tomorrow ,however we have a really tremendous instructor , Deb Plestid who is a very talented quilt artist as well as an accomplished free motion quilter so I know we are in good hands and will learn lots . I have to double check to see that I have everything I need and get myself up early to get there and get set up before the class ,don't want to be late .
 Have yourself a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by.
 Hugs Sheila
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Have fun at your class! Sounds like fun! Love your little bag! Gorgeous blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything is lovely; as usual. Hve fun tomorrow...maybe we can expect a little tutorial later...I would love to see what you do in the class....havfe a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bag and blocks Sheila. I love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the free motion... I love it and have booked for a class in June to brush up my confidence....it's a happy place to be...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete