Friday, April 8, 2011

Crazy Quilting Friday

I have three blocks to show this week , since I was sick last week and didn't get one made decided to see what I could accomplish this week and as you will see these blocks have most of the same fabrics in them . These scraps are from a container I have been using for the  Bunny Hill BOM for 2009" A Tisket a Tasket" and I finished off the last block for that last night , yeah!!
You will see that I used lace and tatting in two blocks and the third I just did some fancy stitches over some of the seams .I definitely prefer the lace so I am going to have to start looking for some nice lace for these blocks as I have pretty much deleted my Aunt Mammie's supply :-(  I still have a little of the tatting but just small pieces so Ill have to go to a few yard sales this summer ,oh what a shame ;-) Thanks to Betsy of Quilting Fiesta for hosting this weekly event ,why not join us!
Here are my Tisket a Tasket blocks , I will need to find some fabric now for sashing and forgive me for the poor picture but they are spread out on my cutting table and it was the best I could do at the time .Once I get the sashings on I can show you a better picture .I love this little quilt ,such fun little blocks and even though it took me much longer to get them done than it should have I am happy to have stuck with it and finished them .
 Have yourself a wonderful Friday and I hope the sun is shining where ever you  are ,I do believe we are going to see some sun today :-)
Thanks for stopping by. Hugs Sheila

13 comments:

  1. I love the crazy blocks... they all look so different with a change of trims.... and the Tisket a Taket is stunning.... such lovely blocks..
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. morning Sheila; I always love your crazy blocks...and the quilt top looks wonderful...love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, I love your crazy blocks. Tatting is amazing and a sweet addition with these colors and the other lacey accents.

    And the tisket a tasket blocks do look like they were fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your A Tisket, A Tasket blcoks look great! I saved all the patterns for these but still haven't started them. Someday! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crazy blocks are very pretty! LOVE your tisket tasket blocks. That is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheila its so good to see that you are feeling better and creating again. Your blocks are beautiful and your tisket quilt is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your crazy blocks. The basket blocks are looking gorgeous. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you are feeling well enough to sew again. As always I love your crazy blocks and your Bunny Hill blocks are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are on the mend Sheila.....love your crazy blocks and your Tisket Tasket top looks fantastic...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooooooooo pretty! I do love to make crazy quilts.
    Glad you are feeling better.
    xx, shell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovin all your blocks ..I am doing an I spy Quilt for Madison So I can't wait to show you ..Hugs Sharon...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your crazy blocks! I'm not sure how I missed this post. I'm ready to start another crazy project! Yours is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sheila, Those crazy blocks are just gorgeous, what will be the end result of all these blocks? Cheers Kaylee

    ReplyDelete