Monday, April 11, 2011

A Tisket A Tasket

I completed the Tisket a Tasket top , found sashings and borders I liked so got those cut and sewn yesterday and sewed the last two borders on this morning and I love it .I have no idea what I will do with this but it sure feels good to have finished it , well not quite as it will need to be quilted and bound but at least the top is complete . This pattern was a Bunny Hill BOM for 2009 and is no longer available as a free pattern but there is another wonderful BOM for this year called Henrietta Whiskers so if you are interested just click on the icon on the left sidebar and it will take you there , it is really cute and a new block has just been posted so you still have time to catch up . I have decided that this year I will do the BOM by machine rather than needleturn applique as I will likely finish it on time ;-) Now it is back to the mystery quilt , I am actually making great progress on that now so will hopefully show a completed top real soon ,crossing fingers and toes :-) Have a great day and thanks for stopping by . hugs Sheila

12 comments:

  1. very, very pretty Sheila...the sashing and borders are perfect for it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on another wonderful finish! It's gorgeous! I love the red sashimi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilt - and the link for the henrietta whiskers BOM is great - will have to have a go

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I wasn't quilting yet when it was available free, and I don't think I'd pay $30 for it. But that's okay - because I have a million and six other projects in process. Doesn't it feel good to have it finished?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheila, your Tisket a Tasket quilt is soooooo cute! I just love it. And I really love the block with the little witch and the black cat in the bastket...it reminds me of my Buster!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. The fabrics you chose work well with your blocks. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely... great borders and sashing... shows up the blocks so well....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done. It's such a pretty quilt and I adore all those baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt is beautiful. I must get around to putting the binding on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a beautiful quilt... sooo pretty! Absolutely WeLL DonE!

    ReplyDelete