Sunday, April 3, 2011

I'm back :-)

I am happy to say I am feeling much better , it was a VERY long week but as with most everything this too has passed and for that I am extremely thankful . Now I wouldn't want to try to do too much as my energy level is still very low but at least I feel human again . To get myself back into the swing of things I decided to try another landscape and this is how far I got .There is still plenty to do to make this look decent but I wanted to show you my preliminary scene before I add any thread painting and a border ,the border is always the challenge for me with this landscapes . The scene is one I took way back in the 70's in Mabou Mines Cape Breton and it has always been in the back of my mind to do this in a landscape , well years ago I wanted to paint it but since I no longer do any painting other than with fabric I decided to go it a whirl . I'd never added a house before so that took some thought but I think it looks ok , what do you think? Thanks so much for all the well wishes they were really appreciated and it feels so wonderful to be back . Thanks for stopping by . hugs Sheila

11 comments:

  1. Glad you are back and feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to have you back and feeling better...the landscape is lovely; what a nice job you've done

    ReplyDelete
  3. The landscape looks great. I think you did well with the house. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phew that must have been a bad one! Glad you are feeling so much better and hope you get back all your energy soon....I like the scene you are working on... good to try something new like a building....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sheila, Glad to hear you are getting back to yourself. The landscape is absolutely beautiful. You have soo much talent my friend.Love the house. Take care: D.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you are feeling better. I'm sure you will be back to 100% soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So good to see you back, and I am pleased you are feeling better...take care

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is all your picture done in fabric!. It looks fantastic. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad to hear you are felling better! Photonlooks like it will make a beautiful project. Can't wait to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sheila,
    I´m happy to read that you feel better ☺
    You have made a very nich picture, I like it!
    hugs
    Bente

    ReplyDelete