Friday, April 15, 2011

Crazy Quilting Friday

Before I show you the crazy blocks for this week I want to ask you , have you ever been to the Garden of Eden ? Well that is where I was early this morning which explains why I am a little later posting today . Would you like to see a picture of the Garden of Eden , well here you are , now this scene is much prettier when the leaves are on the trees and the grass is green and the lake is calm and glimmering in the sun but this is what it looked like this morning around 8:30 am. These are not the best pictures of this area but it was cold and I took these from the car window  you can see the mirror in this  shot ;-)
Now to get to the Garden of Eden you have to drive through Blue Mountain ,what a strange name you say , well if you were here in August you would understand as the fields are blue with blueberries ,blueberries grow really well in Nova Scotia as we have very acidic soil . Here is what the fields look like now , I love this color , it is gorgeous . As you can see there is still some snow in the mountains but it is almost gone .  So that is how I started my day with a quick trip to the Garden ,just lovely!

Once I got home I started at my crazy block , I usually try to get that made on Thursday but I was too busy yesterday and didn't get it made ,however I did manage to get two made this morning , wasn't planning on doing two but I was on a roll , had the fabric before me so just kept going . Did some fancy stitches but they will need more ,however it is time to do a little work here , you know , keep ahead of the dust bunnies , I'd rather be sewing but somethings must be taken care of . Thanks to Betsy of Quilting Fiesta for hosting this event , why not join us . Enjoy your day and hope you enjoyed your visit to the garden .


Sorry for the way these photos are arranged can't seem to get things to cooperate .

13 comments:

  1. Pictures are very nice Sheila//as is the crazy block

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Sheila, You were on the back roads early this a.m. Your blocks look great. I actually made 2 more blocks while here. Miss you. Dianne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I bet that area is just absolutely gorgeous in the summer...you'll have to go again when the weather warms up and take some photos for us. And as usual, your blocks are so pretty. You do such a great job with those crazy block, Sheila!

    Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are beautiful as well as your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love seeing photo's of you part of the world. :) Your blocks are lovely again this week. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos! Love your block!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blocks and great photos - thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed my little tour of your part of the world. The thought of all those blueberries has my lips smacking. Yum! Lovely blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colour of the field is lovely. Great crazy blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful place. Beautiful sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry I commented on these pics in the Thurs Spot ..But Love the Quilt blocks & Yes I always Enjoyed being down at the cottage Yrs Ago..Fond Memories...Have a great day Sheila !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sheila ,those are some beautiful blocks I love crazy blocks they are not so predictable as the traditional,and the scenery is so pretty you are lucky to have such beautiful nature around you ,thanks for popping over to visit me I'm glad you liked my stuff.xoxo theodora

    ReplyDelete