Thursday, April 14, 2011

Its a mystery!

  I can finally show you the mystery quilt top , now there needs to be borders sewn on yet but I had to share this with someone , if you only knew the frustration this quilt has caused me and how much I hated it at the end . There is far too much work in this quilt for me , I think I will be making small projects for a while just to give my brain a break ;-0 It is far from perfect , lots of places those points don't match up as well as I'd like but at this point I really have to say it  doesn't matter ,the main thing is I stuck with it and finished it . This project was something our quilt guild did and every quilt shown to date is so beautiful and so different , for those who love a challenge they sure got their wish and for those who love to finish projects in a reasonable amount of time , well they didn't get their wish in my humble opinion but the end result is worth it I guess . Sorry if this sounds like I am complaining because I am actually doing a happy dance right now after many hours of sewing and many bobbins of thread ;-)
 Thanks for stopping by and have a great day .
 hugs Sheila

16 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting this one done! It's beautiful! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's lovely! No one is going to notice the little imperfections. All they are going to see is the pretty colors and the design.

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I know what you mean. I always feel like that after a big project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is certainly spectacular and you can see that a huge amount of work went into it. I love your colours. Congratulations for finishing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done for finihing such a beautiful quilt - I know how you feel when you get a large one like this finished- enjoy your next project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is beautiful....and don't you feel great that you stuck it out...take great pride in that Sheila...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The top turned out beautiful Sheila. You did a wonderful job. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big job... and it is beautiful... other people won't notice the little joins you can see.... I love the colours and how you put it together.....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sheila,your colors are beautiful...guess this means I have to get back at mine..take care

    ReplyDelete
  10. The quilt looks fantastic on the bed. All those red and blue crossover bits look tricky to get in the right places.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Sheila, it looks fabulous!!
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay, you're finally finished with it! I know you are sooooo happy to have it done. But honestly, Sheila, it looks fabulous...I think you did an awesome job on it. I bet after you get the borders on and get it quilted you are going to like it more! :o)

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's beautiful, and now you can breath a huge sigh of relief!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sheila, I like it a lot. But it is an intricate pattern and it looks like it was a lot of work. Good for you for sticking with it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks gorgeous ... and well worth the effort...no wonder you are doing the happy dance. There is a lot more to it than meets the eye I know...but how great to get it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Job on the Quilt Sheila !! Love the Pics of the garden of Eden ...Some very happy memories from Years Ago ..!!!Hugs ..

    ReplyDelete