Friday, June 1, 2012

Can it be ?

Thanks for all the cheering , it worked , I have the crazy quilt quilted , maybe it needs more but for now I am calling it done and I love it , looks like summer to me .
 A while back I showed you a section of the embroidery for this next project , this is at least two years old but I am thinking more like three so I am dancing the happy dance today as I finished off the runner . I will show you the entire runner first then each end so you can read the stitching .
I even hand quilted this one , it was easy going so I figured it would look better than by machine.  Ok here is the first end.
And the other end.
I love it and it will have a special place on my treadle sewing machine , I think that is the perfect spot for it ,should have taken a picture of it there , oh well too late now :-)
 I am off now to get some groceries , hope you are enjoying a lovely day .Thanks for stopping by .
 hugs Sheila

16 comments:

  1. These are both wonderful - you don't see many contemporary crazy quilts around so it is quite unique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your crazy quilt is amazing, Sheila!!!!! It truly is a work of art!!! Love the runner too. I am in awe of hand quilters!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh really great Sheila...love both of them..but espcecially your crazy quilt...it is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt looks great! And I love your little stitchery runner! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both wonderful Sheila. Congratulations on your great finshes

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are both awesome... two finishes at once... were you destressing???
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute little verse... perfect for a sewing machine!
    The quilt does look like SuMMeR!
    Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous crazy quilt. Love it. Love the runner too. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your projects are both so wonderful. The Tablerunner is exquisite and that summer quilt is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sheila this is gorgeous well done on a beautiful finish.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done and your runner is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Crazy Patch Quilt is fabulous.Would love to see a photo of the beautiful Stitchery runner on your treadle...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your crazy quilt is wonderful, well done getting it finished. I love your table runner too, beautiful stitcheries.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have chosen such lovely colours for the table runner and those stitcheries are very cute. Finishing ole projects certainly makes one feel wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two great pieces of work. I love the embroidery on the runner. So sweet. And the crazy quilt is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just wonderful. this is so very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete